PREDATOR PREY

They say it’s the first hunt in one of the trailers… that is incorrect according to Predator 2 as well as the alien vs predator movie if you want to count that one.

Somewhat like saying it wasn’t Vader who cut off looks hand because it didn’t happen in the new movies. 🤷‍♂️
Because it's a prequel...

Im not saying the first hunt was 1987 as this one clearly has native Americans. Yes, this would be a prequel.

Have you seen the second movie? It shows that they have been hunting the earth for much longer. Like Mayan/ Ancient Egyptian times.
Oh yeah forgot about that!

It was not that great IMHO. Didn't scare at all. Very predictable.

Girl power = check
Native American power = check
White man stupid, swarming and can't fight = check, well ok they were French, so there is that

The fact they didn't translate the French was OK, I could understand much of it, but then the language of choice was English, yeah I know, "for the audience". Seemed odd because she had never seen Europeans. The time was 171X I think 1716 or so.

The action was good, I was rooting for her. But the patronizing, glorifying..............OK OK it was an Arnold fantasy movie. If you enjoyed it, then fine. I guess I get tired of the same theme.

What happened to the other guy on the tree who was mouthing off at her?

It was not that great IMHO. Didn't scare at all. Very predictable.

Girl power = check
Native American power = check
White man stupid, swarming and can't fight = check, well ok they were French, so there is that

The fact they didn't translate the French was OK, I could understand much of it, but then the language of choice was English, yeah I know, "for the audience". Seemed odd because she had never seen Europeans. The time was 171X I think 1716 or so.

The action was good, I was rooting for her. But the patronizing, glorifying..............OK OK it was an Arnold fantasy movie. If you enjoyed it, then fine. I guess I get tired of the same theme.

What happened to the other guy on the tree who was mouthing off at her?
Basically my take as well....it was a good watch nonetheless.

I watched it last night and it was good. I think it was the first time where acting was a priority and I thought the main characters were compelling characters or at least as compelling as any in any recent movies. I mean it was no Scorsese movie but it filled the time.

They say it’s the first hunt in one of the trailers… that is incorrect according to Predator 2 as well as the alien vs predator movie if you want to count that one.

Somewhat like saying it wasn’t Vader who cut off looks hand because it didn’t happen in the new movies. 🤷‍♂️
All I know is that the director stated he made the movie around its first earth hunt and the Predator doesn't look and have the same advanced weapons as the other FUTURE Predators.
I could care less if he's hunting in my back yard right now. :p
I am following what the movie script/plot is about and it sure looks prehistorically correct for the time period it's in. 🤷‍♂️

Many movie series and tv shows recon everything from established canon to particular events to characters. It's usually an effort to make storylines topical and agenda-driven. This constant driving home a message just torques me off.

Didn’t care for it. Lead character was annoying, bad cgi, and the predator was incompetent. I do like that this sets up the franchise to be taken to different time periods. Spartan vs predator. Samurai vs predator. Etc

After so many positive comments, and although the trailer looked like garbage to me, I did watch Prey while I had to sit in my car for a couple,of hours yesterday. Prey is better than I thought but it's still not a good movie in my opinion. It's okay as a brutal survival movie if you don't think about anything that's going on, and it's not as woke as I had feared. That's the best I can say about it. The protagonist lacks character along with all the minor characters which makes them boring. I just could not care about any of the characters. The Predator was really stupid - not a great warrior. Plot conveniences everywhere. Things happen because it says so in the script and not because the plot is character-driven. There's also zero character development. Little native girl, the wannabe hunter, knows in her heart but based on nothing she is a great warrior from the beginning and she proves herself right in the end. How silly and boring. Compare that to the original Predator in which Dutch and his gang of mercenaries were competent fighters who were rightfully aware of their skills and how they got wiped out one by one and how Dutch was reduced to fighting the Yautja barehanded and received the beating of his life. In contrast, the little native girl seems to never be in real danger and she miraculously escapes grave injuries during all the fights. I still say the only really good predator movie is the original Predator and Predator 2 was okay because it changed the jungle setting to an urban setting which made it interesting instead of being a rehash of the original.

After so many positive comments, and although the trailer looked like garbage to me, I did watch Prey while I had to sit in my car for a couple,of hours yesterday. Prey is better than I thought but it's still not a good movie in my opinion. It's okay as a brutal survival movie if you don't think about anything that's going on, and it's not as woke as I had feared. That's the best I can say about it. The protagonist lacks character along with all the minor characters which makes them boring. I just could not care about any of the characters. The Predator was really stupid - not a great warrior. Plot conveniences everywhere. Things happen because it says so in the script and not because the plot is character-driven. There's also zero character development. Little native girl, the wannabe hunter, knows in her heart but based on nothing she is a great warrior from the beginning and she proves herself right in the end. How silly and boring. Compare that to the original Predator in which Dutch and his gang of mercenaries were competent fighters who were rightfully aware of their skills and how they got wiped out one by one and how Dutch was reduced to fighting the Yautja barehanded and received the beating of his life. In contrast, the little native girl seems to never be in real danger and she miraculously escapes grave injuries during all the fights. I still say the only really good predator movie is the original Predator and Predator 2 was okay because it changed the jungle setting to an urban setting which made it interesting instead of being a rehash of the original.
Agree with this. NO WAY you can beat Arnold and Carl Weathers with his mini-gun!

Best series I've recently watched, and I realize it's older, is Hell On Wheels.
Native Americans, check
Strong characters, check
and just about anything else you'd like to see during the building of the Trans Continental Railroad, including trains.
Free series on the ROKU channel.

Agree with this. NO WAY you can beat Arnold and Carl Weathers with his mini-gun!

Best series I've recently watched, and I realize it's older, is Hell On Wheels.
Native Americans, check
Strong characters, check
and just about anything else you'd like to see during the building of the Trans Continental Railroad, including trains.
Free series on the ROKU channel.
The O.G. Predator is one of my favorites of all time....poster in the garage. "Over here......anytime......."

I would give Prey 3 out of 5 stars.
The dog was the best actor in the movie.
As someone else stated little girl fighting big monster and wins,not going to happen.
But it was fine to watch for an hour and a half or so.

Didn’t care for it. Lead character was annoying, bad cgi, and the predator was incompetent. I do like that this sets up the franchise to be taken to different time periods. Spartan vs predator. Samurai vs predator. Etc
Viking vs Predator.
Anyone familiar with the Hirogens from the Voyager series?
Same concept.

The Hirogen were a nomadic species of hunters who roamed huge distances in the Delta Quadrant during the late-24th century. They viewed other lifeforms as prey and treated them as such, showing little evidence of compassion or empathy for other intelligent species.

Back