Prank Idea (off-road use only)

I was watching youtube and found a guy who took a horn from the junkyard and wired it up to a pigtail to plug into the trailer light connector on his Dad's truck. His Dad must have been really stupid because he (allegedly) thought everyone was honking at him. How did he not understand that when he applied his brakes or put on his right turn signal that the horn noise was directly correlated to it??

So my brainstorm was to improve the prank by adding a bit of circuitry between the connector and horn. Basically a microcontroller that counts power pulses and then turns on a relay or mosfet to pass power to a horn when some threshold has been exceeded. This way the horn doesn't go off on startup or as soon as the brakes are applied to put the vehicle in gear.

Could even have other algorithms like after the count threshold has been exceeded, pulse the horn just two short blips the next time the brakes are applied. (Instead of keeping it on as long as the brakes are applied.)

Hopefully I can get a board designed a built before April Fools day as I have the perfect victim in mind. For off-road use only, of course.

A) Wacky horn mod beeps and makes the driver look around....later, everyone laughs and has a beer commercial together.

B) Your over-caffeinated friend who's still mulling over the fierce argument he had with his wife regarding the cost of his off-roading hobby is so alarmed with the "immediate danger signal one associates with a horn", he snaps and beats you to death with your own dismembered arm.

April Fools!

Back