PowerBass car speakers

The factory speakers in my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium are shot. I came across these PowerBass direct fit replacement speakers. The direct fit tweeter is a major selling point for me. Do any of you have any experience with these?

The factory speakers in my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium are shot. I came across these PowerBass direct fit replacement speakers. The direct fit tweeter is a major selling point for me. Do any of you have any experience with these?
These are an awesome idea! Problem I see is the sensitivity of the speaker is only 88db, and with the factory radio/headunit driving these (I assume you're powering it that way), the volume will be lower than the stock speakers. That's just a huge disappointment!! Good idea let down by a bad spec!

What you really want is anything around 90-92db for sensitivity, the more sensitive a speaker is, the louder it will be with the input. I know I've mentioned it before on this forum..but the measure is this.. let's say you had 50 watts of audio power into a speaker and it was at 91db sensitivity. To get the same loudness/volume at 88db (3db less), you'd have to double the wattage, so 100watts. I didn't want you to get these and be angry thinking "why is it so quiet?!".. better to know now..

I put Powered Bass speakers in the front doors of my F150. They fit and are plug and play connectors. It does clean up the sound but don't expect them to be louder without an amp.

Look at JBL Club 602C. I’ve used JBL as replacement speakers for a 2006 Hyundai Tucson. They were a big improvement over stock speakers. 3 ohm impedance and 92 dB sensitivity.

These are an awesome idea! Problem I see is the sensitivity of the speaker is only 88db, and with the factory radio/headunit driving these (I assume you're powering it that way), the volume will be lower than the stock speakers. That's just a huge disappointment!! Good idea let down by a bad spec!

What you really want is anything around 90-92db for sensitivity, the more sensitive a speaker is, the louder it will be with the input. I know I've mentioned it before on this forum..but the measure is this.. let's say you had 50 watts of audio power into a speaker and it was at 91db sensitivity. To get the same loudness/volume at 88db (3db less), you'd have to double the wattage, so 100watts. I didn't want you to get these and be angry thinking "why is it so quiet?!".. better to know now..
I hear ya! the problem I’m running into is that the majority of speakers that will fit my car have similar sensitivity ratings. Do you think the stockers were higher?

I hear ya! the problem I’m running into is that the majority of speakers that will fit my car have similar sensitivity ratings. Do you think the stockers were higher?
From what I've seen over the years the stock speakers (for any brand, unless it's a Bose system) are around 90db sensitivity, usually. I went over to Crutchfield wanted to see what they had for a 2015 Fusion.. I picked the big screen without the Sony logo on the radio, then I picked just the regular radio setup and found same speakers..Unless it's different for the Sony logo'd stock headunit.. The speakers I found.. Actually I have these, Rockford Fosgate Prime Series. They are awesome! Have them with the factory radio powering them. Plenty loud!

They are a 6.75" speaker and 91db sensitivity. The tweeter is NOT overpowering, so if you wanted to use your factory tweeter or upgrade to something the fits well in the factory opening, I don't think it would be too "bright" sounding.

Here's a link,

From what I've seen over the years the stock speakers (for any brand, unless it's a Bose system) are around 90db sensitivity, usually. I went over to Crutchfield wanted to see what they had for a 2015 Fusion.. I picked the big screen without the Sony logo on the radio, then I picked just the regular radio setup and found same speakers..Unless it's different for the Sony logo'd stock headunit.. The speakers I found.. Actually I have these, Rockford Fosgate Prime Series. They are awesome! Have them with the factory radio powering them. Plenty loud!

They are a 6.75" speaker and 91db sensitivity. The tweeter is NOT overpowering, so if you wanted to use your factory tweeter or upgrade to something the fits well in the factory opening, I don't think it would be too "bright" sounding.

Here's a link,
I have a Titanium so I need component speakers

I have two Fusions, '14 SE and '20 Titanium, the '14 has a full set of the OE65C-FD front and rear doors. NON-amped, it sounds "okay" but certainly better than stock. Be advised, the foam surrounding on the speaker is so thick you will have issues putting the door trim back on because not only is it thick, it's stiff. To get mine to fit, I pressed the door trim panel as hard as I could so the panel makes an indention in the foam then I took an X-ACTO knife and sliced down in the foam that was pushed down and it fits like a glove.

The '20 still has the stock Sony system. It's my first car with a premium branded audio system and it does the job so far with a dynamatted rear parcel shelf to silence the rattles. If you end up getting a full set to replace your stock speakers, oh man please update this post with feedback! I bet it sounds great amped. Its been on my mind to buy two sets of OE65C-FD for my '20 just haven't done it yet.

I had two sets of Hertz K170 components installed and they don’t sound very good, quite bad indeed. The Crutchfield folks blame it on my cars Active Noise Control, which the dealer verified my car doesn’t have.

I had two sets of Hertz K170 components installed and they don’t sound very good, quite bad indeed. The Crutchfield folks blame it on my cars Active Noise Control, which the dealer verified my car doesn’t have.
If the speakers ohm rating doesn't match the factory system, it will sound like crap.

Had to choose between replacing the factory amp or installing factory speakers. Given the fact that I’m going to have this car 3 years or less I chose the cheaper option - speakers

Nobody knows the efficiency of the factory speakers vs aftermarket speaks... so lets not make any assumptions are spread bogus info

Most speakers don't meet their manufacturers so-called claims... you'd have to measure their spec's for yourself. So, the sensitivity, on paper, is meaningless until you hear the speakers side by side and compare them.

Cheap speakers are just that... cheap. You get sound. It takes money to improve on sound.

Just because you have a 'titanium' doesn't mean you need component speakers.

It doesn't sound like crap because the ohm ratings don't match.

Entry level speakers from fancy brands are usually pathetic. Cookie cutter plugNplay speakers aren't much better.

If your speakers were installed by a shop, those speakers will require 20-40hrs break-in time to loosen up. Until then, you really can't judge them. Also, you should question the install quality of ANY shop you pick. So, without pictures posted of the installation, wiring, phase check, speaker adapters, sound proofing.... one can't blame a speaker until all else is verified. But, I am honestly grossly underwhelmed by most fancy brand entry level speakers.

Back