Post your latest small engine oil change

Grandpa's Zero turn Cub Cadet w/ Kohler Courage 17

Out: Mobil 1 10w30 and Hastings filter

In:Honda 4 stroke 10w30 and a little Parts Plus 10w30

20200327_155524.jpg

My Generac dealer came out this morning to do a periodic service and oil and filter change on my 16kw standby generator. It was the last of two freebies that were included with my installation. Only 50 hours usage in 6 months due to a lack of major storms. The technician used Generac branded 5w-30 synthetic and a Generac 070185E filter.

I'll be doing them annually myself from here on out.

John Deere 318 out 0w40 Castrol in 5w50 and 0w40 castrol.

Poulan push mower with Briggs ohv. Out factory stuff, in John Deere 30wt.

Log splitter Briggs ohv quantum style engine. out something that I forgot what it was, in magnatec 10w30.

Free pull type lawn sprayer Honda gc160. Out who know what but looked clean, in magnatec 10w30. Also cleaned the carb as it would only run on choke.

I am gonna be glad when I have all this autozone clearance castrol used up. Everything I have used it in has consumed more oil than with anything else. Both edge and magnatec.

Toro Timecutter HD 54
Out: Super Tech SAE 30 HD
Off: Napa Gold 1394

In: STP SAE 30 HD
On: STP S 4967

Note: I had to change out the oil filter. It was leaking at the gasket and would not tighten anymore.
The gasket was pretty hard.
Another thing, Carquest and Purolators wouldn't work. Their gaskets were extremely thin and the filter can would bottom out on the mounting flange. So my go to filters will be either FRAM or STP.
FYI: The engine is the TORO badged Loncin 708cc v-twin.

Originally Posted by MParr
Toro Timecutter HD 54
Out: Super Tech SAE 30 HD
Off: Napa Gold 1394

In: STP SAE 30 HD
On: STP S 4967

Note: I had to change out the oil filter. It was leaking at the gasket and would not tighten anymore.
The gasket was pretty hard.
Another thing, Carquest and Purolators wouldn't work. Their gaskets were extremely thin and the filter can would bottom out on the mounting flange. So my go to filters will be either FRAM or STP.
FYI: The engine is the TORO badged Loncin 708cc v-twin.

I had the same issue with a Toro mower with the 708cc Chinese engine and the oil filter bottoming out. I ended up just buying the Toro filters online for this customer.

Exmark commercial mower - 708cc V-Twin Chonda

Out: Supertech 15w40, STP S4967
In: Napa Synthetic 10w30, Exmark filter (customer provided)

Toro Timecutter Zero Turn - Kohler Courage 24hp V-Twin

Out: black goo, Stens filter
In: Napa Synthetic 10w30, Wix 51348

Poulan Pro push mower - 3.5hp Briggs Classic

Out: black goo + some water
In: Napa Synthetic 10w30

Brand new Cub Cadet XT1 46 in. with 22 HP V-Twin Kohler. First oil change after factory recommended 5 hour break-in period.

Thank you BITOG for showing what the equivalent/compatible oil filters were for this engine. OEM are horribly overpriced.

Out: Factory fill 10w30 and Kohler Filter
IN: Napa Conventional 10w30 and Napa Gold 1348

42" Sears Craftsman (Husky) w/ 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Platinum
Out: B&S 5w30 synthetic
In: Mobil Delvac 15w40
XG3614 still on from Fall change

Back