Post your latest parts purchase

Just purchased and replaced the purge valve on my 2013 Ford Explorer with the 3.5L V6 NA. I originally had a small leak evap code and today I also had the code for a large leak. The part was $55 after tax. I picked it up from the local dealer. Let’s see if it works out. What do you guys think it would have costed to have them do it? $200-$300?
Oh easily $250...they were going to hit you with at least 1.5 diagnostic fee to find the leak and read the code.

Question I have is...why did you replace the purge valve? Was it leaking around the gasket to the manifold? Did you smoke the system out? Was the valve in-operational or stuck open?

Oh easily $250...they were going to hit you with at least 1.5 diagnostic fee to find the leak and read the code.

Question I have is...why did you replace the purge valve? Was it leaking around the gasket to the manifold? Did you smoke the system out? Was the valve in-operational or stuck open?
I just replaced the part I thought was bad based on the research I did. I did not smoke the system. Check engine light has not returned after two days so far. We’ll see what happens.

I just bought a used instrument cluster for my '92 Accord off Ebay. Cost $26.59 including shipping and sales tax. I was having 2 minor problems with my cluster: there's an indicator light that tells you if you have a brake light bulb burned out, and it was staying lit all the time, even though all of my brake lights were working fine. I did a bunch of troubleshooting and determined the problem was in the main circuit board of the cluster. The other problem I had was the tach was inaccurate and would sometimes read about 500 rpm too low. Sometimes when idling, it would drop to 0 rpm.

When I received the new (used) cluster, I removed the main circuit board and tach gauge and swapped them over to my original cluster. I also noticed that I had some burned out light bulbs, so I swapped some bulbs from the new cluster too. I reinstalled the cluster and tested all of the gauges and indicator lights, and everything works. Both of the problems I was previously having are now gone. I just need to finish putting the dash back together, and I'll be done.

59068C95-5BC0-4348-9A74-56AF831D008D.jpeg

New valve cover gasket set for the Escape. They are both leaking. Has tube seals and grommets with it too. Plan on getting the intake gaskets as well sometime since we have to take at least the upper intake off.

Moog front left sway bar link for my G37 :) Got it from Amazon Warehouse in "used - very good" condition for $15 instead of $38. Showed up and its brand spanking new, still sealed in package.

Now just waiting for the front right link to do the same thing lol

C69A0587-4482-4042-B5D6-6C98A022C7F0.jpeg
B0D48FA0-64B3-42BC-8ADC-1E7AA330E47E.jpeg

ABS Tone Ring for the Escape. Only one available in town from Auto Zone. Walked in and told them what I was looking for and they looked at me like I was an idiot then asked what a tone ring was and I explained it’s for the ABS and goes on the end of the CV Axle and the dude is like oh ok I remember now it’s been so long since I have replaced the tone ring or sold just the tone ring. He said they normally just sell the whole axle.

So, I rec'd this order.
The 1237 oil filters, made in USA, and appear to be eCore. The Engine air filter, made in China, and appears to be good quality, with no errant gluem etc. As for the Cabin Filter...well, while it is labelled with the part number, it is NOT the cabin filter as depicted on the ACDelco parts lookup or on RockAuto; in fact, it has a plastic frame, and holes for bolts, and it's about 14"x10"...which is way too big. It seems to me, and I hope, it's just mis-labeled. RockAuto fully refunded the amt pd; and I ordered a UAC brand filter. With shipping and tax, I'm "ahead" by about $4.

I truly don't know what happened, and I hope it's just a fluke. I don't know if ACDelco makes their own parts, or just repackages them, and I do believe this was just a labeling error. I have alerted ACDelco to this, and for their part, they are looking into it
I recently bought air and cabin filters for My Subaru outback

I Chose AC Delco for both items because in the past I had not issues with the quality or performance.

Well, I notice both are made in China.

The Cabin filter looks ok and came to me in factory wrapped AC Delco packaging.

The engine air filter, however, arrived in a plain white box.

The only product information was on stickers on the end flap of the box.

I have added pictures to this post.

The filter inside the box was not an AC Delco. It was stamped LUBERFINER with the Luberfiner part number. I check and it does have a cross-reference number to fit my vehicle, but it is not an AC Delco filter or part number. I bought two of these air filters and they both arrived the same, as Luberfiner filters in ACDelco marked boxes.

I tried to contact Rock auto to ask questions but their automated contact system is less than desired..It seems after inputting my information into their online questions that my situation is normal and acceptable to them. They will, however, accept a return but only if I share the shipping charges with them. Nice customer service huh? Well no thank you, I decided to keep the air filters.

Next I wrote to AC Delco through their website. I wanted to know if this was a normal situation.

They wrote back and you’d think that they didn’t even read my question or understand the situation. They referred to a warranty situation.

The next step, I actually called ACDelco. They were very nice on the phone to me; I explained the purchase and the situation. The representative told me that she was not sure so she contacted a supervisor.

The information came back that ACDelco does use Luberfiner as a contract partner. I then asked about the quality of the Luberfiner filter that was in the boxes. She says that ACDelco contract partners make the filters to ACDelco specifications so yes they are of the same quality one would expect from an actual filter marked ACDelco. How it got into the wrong box they could not explain.

Has anyone ever encountered a situation like this?

Please see attached pictures.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

I Chose AC Delco for both items because in the past I had not issues with the quality or performance.

The filter inside the box was not an AC Delco. It was stamped LUBERFINER with the Luberfiner part number. I check and it does have a cross-reference number to fit my vehicle, but it is not an AC Delco filter or part number. I bought two of these air filters and they both arrived the same, as Luberfiner filters in ACDelco marked boxes.

I tried to contact Rock auto to ask questions but their automated contact system is less than desired..It seems after inputting my information into their online questions that my situation is normal and acceptable to them. They will, however, accept a return but only if I share the shipping charges with them. Nice customer service huh? Well no thank you, I decided to keep the air filters.

Next I wrote to AC Delco through their website. I wanted to know if this was a normal situation.

They wrote back and you’d think that they didn’t even read my question or understand the situation. They referred to a warranty situation.

The next step, I actually called ACDelco. They were very nice on the phone to me; I explained the purchase and the situation. The representative told me that she was not sure so she contacted a supervisor.

The information came back that ACDelco does use Luberfiner as a contract partner. I then asked about the quality of the Luberfiner filter that was in the boxes. She says that ACDelco contract partners make the filters to ACDelco specifications so yes they are of the same quality one would expect from an actual filter marked ACDelco. How it got into the wrong box they could not explain.

View attachment 47495View attachment 47496View attachment 47497View attachment 47498View attachment 47495View attachment 47496View attachment 47497View attachment 47498
I think this is pretty normal in the aftermarket. My ACDelco oil filters appear to be eCore, which is made by Champ Labs.

View attachment 47495View attachment 47496View attachment 47497View attachment 47498View attachment 47495View attachment 47496View attachment 47497View attachment 47498
Completely normal and to be expected. Long gone are the days when each manufacturer had its own single point of manufacturing. Bids go out to those who have facilities that produce parts to a specification. The same part number could be made in several locations globally with various "manufacturer" names on them.

The 'factory' $300 trailer brake control module for my Ranger. Made up of 2 aftermarket parts and some wiring harnesses. Its sitting on top of my scanner waiting for a warm day off to be installed since you need to remove several interior panels and in general, plastic panels are best removed when warm to prevent clip breaking.

1: A pair of Sylvania Basic H11 bulbs. (2016 Chevy 3500HD, LML Duramax)
2: A pair of 9011 bulbs to replace the 9005 high beam bulbs in the 2016 Chevy. The 9011 is a 65w bulb, the 9005 is a 55w bulb. The 9011 has to have 1 tab trimmed a tad to fit in place of the 9005.
48C5FCE0-9624-4CC4-B27E-5E9B6C300191.jpeg

9011 on the left, 9005 on the right.

3: Carquest 84202, made by Baldwin (also for the 2016 Chevy).
4: (2) Carquest 86393 (Baldwin) fuel filters for the Kubota M9540.

Got a guillotine clamp for the muffler on dads truck. It’s basically a U shaped clamp with a bracket and two 9/16 nuts that hold it on. Also purchased 11 bolts and 11 washers for the exhaust shield too the side we done only needed 10 but the other side was missing one too so we put a new one in and used anti seize unlike the last person.

A080E40B-31BA-451B-98C5-775AA2DA73FC.jpeg
AE5FF244-8320-4B1E-B789-E8454488FEA4.jpeg
A89A19E4-E13B-4426-BDF7-3759C63E24DE.jpeg
11514BA1-E3C6-4C8B-99F3-5C44FE716B15.jpeg

New mechanical fuel pump for my 1990 Mazda B2200. O’Reilly was the only one in town who had it in stock. When I got mine for my 1989 two years ago everyone had them but now nobody does. It included the gaskets. Hopefully I can bring it home after installing this at the owners house.

60714225-4152-409C-AA18-1EEF47D8C758.jpeg
F98BF8D5-9AD6-404B-AFEF-914638C73A6F.jpeg

New starter for my 1990 Mazda B2200. It was the only one in town. Advance Auto usually has what I need. I know it’s not the best but I need to get the truck up and running and this is what my parents got me since they are helping me with the project. I plan on keeping the old one and getting it rebuilt. The guy at the store kept arguing with me over it because the manual transmission takes a different starter than the automatic and he was trying to sell me one for the automatic swearing that they didn’t make manual transmission trucks because they would be too hard to control 🤣🤣🤣. Parts people at those stores always crack me up.

Back