Post your latest parts purchase

Fuel and engine oil filters for a 2009 Kubota M9540. Carquest branded, made by Baldwin.

Attachments

• 9D71A67A-39A0-4CAD-B9F2-97F80B1D5C5D.png
    9D71A67A-39A0-4CAD-B9F2-97F80B1D5C5D.png
    581 KB · Views: 9
  • 2E0BB50A-4649-48F5-B966-BDFCACAF315E.jpeg
    2E0BB50A-4649-48F5-B966-BDFCACAF315E.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 9
  • F34FA55E-246A-457B-B2FB-1AC90167743F.jpeg
    F34FA55E-246A-457B-B2FB-1AC90167743F.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
ACDelco PF1237 Oil Filter x2
ACDelco A3678C Air Filter x1
ACDelxo CF3294 Cabin Air Filter x1

From RockAuto, and ACDelco rebate submitted.
So, I rec'd this order.
The 1237 oil filters, made in USA, and appear to be eCore. The Engine air filter, made in China, and appears to be good quality, with no errant gluem etc. As for the Cabin Filter...well, while it is labelled with the part number, it is NOT the cabin filter as depicted on the ACDelco parts lookup or on RockAuto; in fact, it has a plastic frame, and holes for bolts, and it's about 14"x10"...which is way too big. It seems to me, and I hope, it's just mis-labeled. RockAuto fully refunded the amt pd; and I ordered a UAC brand filter. With shipping and tax, I'm "ahead" by about $4.

I truly don't know what happened, and I hope it's just a fluke. I don't know if ACDelco makes their own parts, or just repackages them, and I do believe this was just a labeling error. I have alerted ACDelco to this, and for their part, they are looking into it

Last edited:
A pair of Mevotech TTX TXK80631 sway bar links. It's one of the few aftermarket endlinks with a torque sleeve top nut to prevent overtightening.

So, I rec'd this order.
The 1237 oil filters, made in USA, and appear to be eCore. The Engine air filter, made in China, and appears to be good quality, with no errant gluem etc. As for the Cabin Filter...well, while it is labelled with the part number, it is NOT the cabin filter as depicted on the ACDelco parts lookup or on RockAuto; in fact, it has a plastic frame, and holes for bolts, and it's about 14"x10"...which is way too big. It seems to me, and I hope, it's just mis-labeled. RockAuto fully refunded the amt pd; and I ordered a UAC brand filter. With shipping and tax, I'm "ahead" by about $4.

I truly don't know what happened, and I hope it's just a fluke. I don't know if ACDelco makes their own parts, or just repackages them, and I do believe this was just a labeling error. I have alerted ACDelco to this, and for their part, they are looking into it
AC Delco hasn't made their own parts in quite awhile...the AC Delco engine air and cabin air filters I have bought for various GM vehicles have had markings from several different makers (MicronAir, Mann, etc.) for OEM filters and why AC Delco Professional marked products (made by other than OEM but should meet/exceed OEM) exist...

glad you got satisfaction from RockAuto (I also had an issue with something that was a part number mistake and Rock Auto took care of it exactly as they did for you)...

Bill

Discovered a WP leak on the girlfriend's '08 Aveo last weekend while doing an oil change, so I ordered up a TB kit and a WP from RA. It throws an occasional P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor circuit code so I ordered an OEM sensor from Factory Motor Parts for $40. It's behind the timing belt and cam gears, so it's easy to do while I have it apart.

The car has 150k and I'm doing the bare minimum to keep it on the road, hopefully for 1 more year assuming the noisy throwout bearing in the trans doesn't explode before then. I was trying to avoid doing the T-belt and WP, however I have no clue if it's ever been done and she can't be without a car.

I also ordered the special 41mm "timing wrench" that's basically a 41mm crows foot wrench that slides over flats on the water pump to allow you to tension the belt. Yes, that's right, on the 1.6 Aveo engine the water pump itself is the eccentric you use to tension the timing belt. Very goofy setup. Luckily, the tool was only $9 on Amazon.

*EDIT* it's actually closer to 165k now that I think about it. Since I met her, I've had to do 4 wheel brakes, front control arms, a full tune up, and now the aforementioned project. All in all, I'm impressed with the car. Yes, it's an Aveo, but she did the right thing by getting THE most base model possible, right down to the A/C delete. We're still debating what to shop for when she's ready, I'm thinking a used Fiesta ST. A manual trans is a must for her, might as well get something fun.

Last edited:
So, I rec'd this order.

After some research, I determined that the part labelled as CF3294 is actually CF2394 which is a cabin filter for 2014-2020 Ram 1500 Promaster, 2500 ProMaster, 3500 Promaster, which are cargo vans. It's a $45 cabin filter.

I can see where the part number can be transposed...but I have no use for this, and hate to throw it out.

Aisin timing belt kit & water pump, Aisin t-stat. Picking up hoses & a few other things that come off for 1uz timing belt jobby. Possibly new alternator since I'll be right there & current one is 6yrs old & well over 100k mi on it.

Just purchased and replaced the purge valve on my 2013 Ford Explorer with the 3.5L V6 NA. I originally had a small leak evap code and today I also had the code for a large leak. The part was $55 after tax. I picked it up from the local dealer. Let’s see if it works out. What do you guys think it would have costed to have them do it? $200-$300?

Attachments

• D4042F08-DA24-4B0F-8CDD-7642E4921D26.jpeg
    D4042F08-DA24-4B0F-8CDD-7642E4921D26.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3572E799-E25C-4699-AFAC-732F77D4FD76.jpeg
    3572E799-E25C-4699-AFAC-732F77D4FD76.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 7CC78F6E-88FD-4715-8BAF-2683F291CEBC.jpeg
    7CC78F6E-88FD-4715-8BAF-2683F291CEBC.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 13
Back