Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

5 qts of Supertech 5w30 and two filters to fit my new to me Toyota Solara convertible with 100k on it and a 3.3l V6. Luckily for me, I found it about 80 miles away and literally bought it from a little old lady who bought it new in 2008 and has all the receipts for anything done to it including the 3-4k mile oil changes. Car is in amazing mechanical condition. A few dings from her self admitted "lack of depth perception" but nothing which can't be covered with some touch up paint! Replacing the plugs next week and timing belt service a week after that. It'll be all set for another 100k!lol!

Ordered three Havoline 5W20 full synthetic 6 quart smart change boxes, considering prices are going up I figured $3.33 a quart before tax isn’t that bad when the Kirkland was $3.49 a quart the other day. Still a few cents less than Valvoline after the rebate to.

Local mom and pop chain parts store got bought out. Grabbed 6 qts of Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 and 1 qt of 5w20 Pennzoil Platinum and 2 qts Castrol Magnatec 5w20. The new Auto Value chain will not carry these.
The local True Value hardware store also got bought out by Ace. Grabbed their last 4 qts of Castrol HM syn blend 5w20 they had on clearance. This will take care of the F150 and Edges next changes.

20220502_140145.jpg

Couple of Fram Ultra's at 7.62 each using Amazon subscribe and save.

Got 4 Champ 48XL’s from RA. $4.09 ea. + shipping + taxes came to $7.50 each. I have 2 vehicles they will work on.

Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 oil change kit for the Atlas. Kit includes Mahle filter and new drain bolt. Also always toss in some of their DI Jectron each change. Get these kits from FCP Euro and always use PayPal so this is 100% free once I return the kit that's in there for a full refund and return shipping is free through PayPal. Great deal.
20220508_100007.jpg

Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 oil change kit for the Atlas. Kit includes Mahle filter and new drain bolt. Also always toss in some of their DI Jectron each change. Get these kits from FCP Euro and always use PayPal so this is 100% free once I return the kit that's in there for a full refund and return shipping is free through PayPal. Great deal.View attachment 99106

I've heard of that deal from FCP and can't for the life of me understand why they would give you free oil. :rolleyes:

I've heard of that deal from FCP and can't for the life of me understand why they would give you free oil. :rolleyes:
Nobody does this to lose money. They make money on this hand over foot. While you are there are you order additives etc. which are high-profit and no returns. Most aren't returning b/c of the hassle or as he said above, b/c they don't have their cars long enough to take advantage for many parts. I've tracked it on my 3 VWs since doing the FCP thing, I've bought $2800 worth of parts and am sitting at $1900 worth of refunds (if you stop using a part/upgrade you can always sell the last ones to get your money back which puts me over 50% refunded)...amazing deal for a little effort.

I took advantage of the Autozone M1 deal with pick up 20 quarts of 0W40 ESP and 4 STP oil filters, for about 45% off or so. This is just weeks (of course) after I purchased 18 quarts of 0W40 ESP online and some PF64 filters, but at a higher price point.

So now I am good for two years or so with my Camaro, which enjoys 10 quarts of the stuff at a time twice a year.

Back