Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

The M1 10W-30 was $5.82/jug @WMart

20210405_193143.jpg
20210405_094639.jpg

I can't seem to find deals anymore but ...

Supertech HM 5w-30 synthetic / Fram TG filter for the Subaru, Supertech HM 5w-30 conventional and a few makeup quarts for the F-350, and Supertech HM 0w-20 for the Leaseon.

2017 Tacoma (3.5 V6, 4WD):
TGMO 0w-20, Toyota filter (Cartridge) + gasket: ~$65 i think

Don't really have the time or desire to shop around... Advance Auto Parts here is really gotten expensive. Seems like PepBoys really cut back of the stuff they cary. WallMart is a show. Don't see any advantage in mail ordering Motul anymore (It costs ~50% more and honestly, I think engine is quieter with the TGMO)

bought a 5 quart jug of Supertech 10w40 on clearance for 7 bucks the other day at walmart

probably run in the lawnmower

I also bought another 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Full Synthetic 10w30 for just under 14 dollars. it was the last one on clearance.

1617898181986.jpg

My neighbor traded in a Pontiac Vibe recently on a new Blazer, and no longer has anything that uses 20 grade, so I traded him 3 jugs of 5w30 RGT for 2 New Jugs of PYB, 1 New Jug of PHM (It's even SP rated) , and one Jug of PHM that he'd used about a quart out of, I guess I'll give them to my sister.

(2) 5qts NAPA syn 0w-20 currently in my Mustang. $6.93ea after wife and I signed up for NAPA rewards

(2) 12qt Cardboard boxes of Mobil 1 HM 5w-20. $15.49ea at my local Walmart.

Threw in a couple Motorcraft FL-500S filters $3.78ea or so in a rock auto order I was placing anyway.

Thanks to the sales forum

One 5qt jug of Supertech 5w20 "Conventional" API SP rated from Wal-Mart on clearance for $10. :cool:

Already have an FL-820S and various topoff quarts, so $10 for my mom's next oil change is pretty convenient. The ST High Mileage conventional hasn't leaked much, so I'm hoping the non-high mileage version doesn't either, but who knows. Money was tight, though, so $10 I don't think I can go wrong.

2017 Tacoma (3.5 V6, 4WD):
TGMO 0w-20, Toyota filter (Cartridge) + gasket: ~$65 i think

Don't really have the time or desire to shop around... Advance Auto Parts here is really gotten expensive. Seems like PepBoys really cut back of the stuff they cary. WallMart is a show. Don't see any advantage in mail ordering Motul anymore (It costs ~50% more and honestly, I think engine is quieter with the TGMO)
Welcome, Speedbird. The engines on your avatar remind of those found on a USAF B-1B bomber. But alas, your engines are placed further out on the wings. So, I'm thinking it's the retired Concorde?

At the end of the Elmendorf AFB runway -- while taking off -- I had the privilege of standing about 200 feet below a B-1B with its 4 engine afterburners blazing. I've never felt anything more earth-shattering and heart-pounding in my entire life. I loved it; my ears didn't. No other current jet compares!

Last purchase for me were two Fram XG9018 filters and two jugs of QSFS (QSUD) 5W-30 at Wally World. This Wisconsin purchase should get my high-mileage Equinox up the Al-Can Hwy and back to Palmer, Alaska. Oh, along with getting its 1st brake job (amazing) and its 2nd transmission fluid service. Has anyone else had their original brakes last over 100,000 miles?

And, despite its DI 2.4L 4-cyl engine starting to burn oil at around 2500 to 3000 miles after an oil change (I do an oil change then), this 2013 AWD Equinox has been reliable and good to me. Even cheap vehicles can last with proper care...

Last edited:
I didn't see a "post your latest gear oil" in the diff/tranny forum. Maybe there is. If so, mods, please move it.

Found Valvoline synthetic gear oil at Meijer with a instant $5 off per quart coupon...75/90 and 75/140 flavors. That's $20 cheaper than I usually pay for the Mobil 1.

Into the stash it goes for a rear diff service on the Tacoma in a few thousand miles.

View attachment 49399

View attachment 49400
I'm going to try this gear oil the next go-round in my Alaskan Silverado.

Must admit, I've been a fan of Mobil 1 gear oil myself.

All vehicle fluids and greases in Alaska should be synthetic!

Back