Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Another quart for that odd amount over 5 qts.

20240321_124432.jpg

20240321_125922.jpg

Anyone know the Conoco-Phillips date codes, or is this a Ford marking

One single solitary quart of Super Tech SAE 30 for my 24 year old Craftsman self propelled lawn mower. And a new spark plug and air filter FWIW.
That's the only oil that thing's ever had in it other than what it came filled with from the factory

One single solitary quart of Super Tech SAE 30 for my 24 year old Craftsman self propelled lawn mower. And a new spark plug and air filter FWIW.
That's the only oil that thing's ever had in it other than what it came filled with from the factory
You should have Supertech use you for a TV Commercial featuring the long life of your Craftsman mower engine on Supertech oil.
They could even have a commercial length film going in the background of your TV commercial, featuring Arnold Palmer in 1976 riding his Pennzoil farm tractor all over a well nurtured 18th Green at one of his famous golf courses.

Member Adam once did a VOA on Fram 30w here that had an add-pack (Phos/Zinc/Calc/Magn) built like those for SN Plus. I bought a quart and added it to the Kia during a 5w30 oil change, to beef the 100cst viscosity up one more number. That Kia only holds 4.2 quarts of oil and the little thicker oil helps the 2.0 engine.

Last edited:
I was at Walmart and they had Valvoline Full Synthetic 5W30 on sale for $34.94 CAD per 5 Litre Jug, so I picked up 2 jugs for work, they'll reimburse me when I submit the receipt. This is for the 2018 GMC Canyon with 3.6L V6 which needs its 6 month oil & filter. I have the Hengst filter on the shelf at work already.

My order of N42SH bar magnets and grade 26 Somarium Cobalt disc has arrived. Looking forward to trying these out in magnetic assisted filtration. Was way cheaper than getting a Filtermag which was overpriced IMO.

Really strong stuff, had to slide them off. Also accidentally chipped some of the samarium cobalt disc.

20240326_202240.jpg
20240326_202233.jpg
20240326_201208.jpg

My order of N42SH bar magnets and grade 26 Somarium Cobalt disc has arrived. Looking forward to trying these out in magnetic assisted filtration. Was way cheaper than getting a Filtermag which was overpriced IMO.

Really strong stuff, had to slide them off. Also accidentally chipped some of the samarium cobalt disc.

View attachment 210555View attachment 210556View attachment 210557
I hope you cut these open and post pics. I'm curious to see what the magnets catch

Nice, are you doing a drain and fill with the ATF or a full fluid exchange?
pan drop/filter change takes roughly 3 gallons with my oversized pan, so i plan to do that then i’ll pump a gallon out through the cooler lines to flush the converter out.

Back