In:
High Performance Lubricants.
Premium Plus.
Passenger Car Engine Oil.
0W8.

Batch Number:
21H2301.

304 Miles.
Just curious if you (or anyone else here at Bitog) has made your new vehicle manufacturer or dealership aware of using HPL Products @ 304 miles on the odometer.
Do users really need a green light from either one, to avoid possible warranty headaches - should they occur?

I'm not saying a word to either S. Korea, Elder Hyundai or Jeffrey Kia Dealerships about my impending use of HPL Oils this Fall.

My engines are very clean currently (3k OCIs). They don't rattle, use oil, or show low volume on the dipstick tube.

Last edited:
Just curious if you (or anyone else here at Bitog) has made your new vehicle manufacturer or dealership aware of using HPL Products @ 304 miles on the odometer.
Do users really need a green light from either one, to avoid possible warranty headaches - should they occur?

I'm not saying a word to either S. Korea, Elder Hyundai or Jeffrey Kia Dealerships about my impending use of HPL Oils this Fall.

My engines are very clean currently (3k OCIs). They don't rattle, use oil, or show low volume on the dipstick tube.
I do not mention any of this to Toyota.

2016 Kia Sorento 3.3L V6, 110k miles

Out: SuperTech FS 5W-30, Fram Tough Guard, 3,990k miles
In: Valvoline Restore & Protect 5W-30, Fram Ultra Synthetic

The dipstick has some varnish on it. I’m looking forward to seeing what the R&P does to it. 🤔

View attachment 225420
You're running that Korean 3.3. too hot. May need a radiator cap or thermostat or different driving / idling habits. Heck, it may be a Sensor somewhere acting up.
Today's synthetics shouldn't be the reason..... especially 4k OCIs. But the new Valvoline should make varnish vanish like Magic.
If it doesn't, then buy a different brand name. I personally know PUP kicks the snot out of varnish.

Last edited:
You're running that Korean 3.3. too hot. May need a radiator cap or thermostat or different driving / idling habits
Today's synthetics shouldn't be the reason..... especially 4k OCIs.

This is my girlfriend's vehicle, and I get the impression that regular maintenance has historically not been quite as regular as it should have been. :) Now that I'm in the picture I'm making sure that this reliable 3.3L gets the love it deserves. Quality synthetics and a severe maintenance schedule.

Just curious why the BG and rinse? Used vehicle or suspected dirty? I would think a CX-9 with proper OCI at 77K would be spotless.
Good question, I think you are correct. I did it mostly for potential ring and turbo cleaning. Not sure what was done but I will say that low acceleration seems improved. The rinse portion is only to get out any possible residuals. I will note an interesting observation though; I did the same thing to my 247k mile Corolla and the rinse oil on the Mazda was a fair bit darker than the Corolla, which surprised me.

We've had the car since 36K and have maintained it very well, mostly ~5K intervals.

Bitogers are now officially on fire for Valvoline R&P🔥🔥

There have always been "darlings" of BITOG over the years. We've cycled through Schaeffer oil, Maxlife, GC 0w30 (green formula), Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and many more, and now it's R&P. It sure does appear that this oil can do what it claims, and at under $30 it's priced a lot less than other boutique oils that can very likely do that same job of cleaning.

Bitogers are now officially on fire for Valvoline R&P🔥🔥
I originally got it to try in my fleet...but then I decided to switch my whole fleet to HPL pcmo 5w30. She has a 3mi commute. So I keep hers with light oil. Looking in the valve cover its absolutely gorgeous inside...so the R&P is really not needed (we shall see next filter CnP). Its lived on Valvoline/Mobil/Total 0w16 and lately 0w20 flavors since 1500~miles.

Back