Post your latest E0 purchase

Four 5-gallon cans of VP C9. I don't allow garbage pump gas in my 2 cycle equipment that the EPA has purposely been trying to destroy and forcibly replace with electric trash products replete with pissening, stupid propaganda (i.e. Milwaukee "electric chainsaws"). I add my own 2t oil.
Just pick me up a new can from my VPracing fuel dealer for my 2stroke OPE She has about every fuel they make on hand I have to ask if you ever used the 2T specd fuel they make my dealer has it available the dirt bike guys like it.
20230526_162400.jpg

Topped up the Prius V in Douglassville, PA on Friday 9 June. Contrary to an earlier post, there is a substantial increase in MPG when using E0 with the Prius V. Other Prius owners clued me in to this years ago. My son's Honda Accord also shows improved MPG on E0 fuel, albeit not as much. I think it has a lot to do with the engine design and the electronic controls.

My Ford CMax Energi sees only E0 becuase it goes so long between fills. The last fill was on 27 March and it is down half a tank after 1650 miles of driving. This tank is likely to go 5 months unless the car is taken on a long road trip. Just imagine how much water vapor could be absorbed by the Ethanol laced E10 fuel over those five months.

Attachments

• IMG_3683[1].JPG
    IMG_3683[1].JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 10
Topped up the Prius V in Douglassville, PA on Friday 9 June. Contrary to an earlier post, there is a substantial increase in MPG when using E0 with the Prius V. Other Prius owners clued me in to this years ago. My son's Honda Accord also shows improved MPG on E0 fuel, albeit not as much. I think it has a lot to do with the engine design and the electronic controls.

My Ford CMax Energi sees only E0 becuase it goes so long between fills. The last fill was on 27 March and it is down half a tank after 1650 miles of driving. This tank is likely to go 5 months unless the car is taken on a long road trip. Just imagine how much water vapor could be absorbed by the Ethanol laced E10 fuel over those five months.
Is it Top Tier ? None can be found here . Only non E of unkown origin . Do use it for small engines and no issues . It's been dominated by only a few companies for the past four years and is dwindling more as time goes buy . They also control the prices due to the lack of competition and the others go with the FLOW of the cost of gas .

Just pick me up a new can from my VPracing fuel dealer for my 2stroke OPE She has about every fuel they make on hand I have to ask if you ever used the 2T specd fuel they make my dealer has it available the dirt bike guys like it.
I have not, one reason is because none of these pre-mixes add enough oil. I always mix a minimum of 25:1. Second, the oils that I've settled on aren't VP products (never used their 2t oil, so can't comment on it).

Currently I have stashes of the following that I've all used at some point:

Champion "Water Pumper" WP2 semi-synth.
Lubegard 2 cycle oil (synth, ashless).
Putoline MHX (100% Ester, and non longer made) imported from Denmark (don't currently use because I'm afraid it will lack sufficient corrosion protection, but do not know).
Pennzoil Air Cooled (3.2oz yellow bottle) dino oil. Only dino oil ever made that's actually JASO FC/FD listed in the JASO PDF.
Castrol Garden 2T imported from Italy iirc (dino oil, JASO FB).

Last edited:
Bought close to 50 gallons this morning at Sheetz for $1.776 a gallon.
At first I thought that this was a typo. When I got back to work on the 5th people were talking about that sale. I'll have to try to remember this for next year. Hopefully it's an annual thing.

At first I thought that this was a typo. When I got back to work on the 5th people were talking about that sale. I'll have to try to remember this for next year. Hopefully it's an annual thing.
I didn't know about it either until a friend of ours posted a picture of the pumps at 12:30 am. I was getting ready to call it a night but decided to run out and get everything filled up. Glad I did because the lines during the day were crazy long.

Douglassville, PA on 30 August 2023. Five gallons for the OPE and another six for the Prius V. It's currently priced 13% above regular but the car gets 10% better mileage using E0.

IMG_3959.jpg

I live on a major route into the Colorado mountains so I have E0 91 available at 3 stations within 5 miles of my house. As of yesterday two are at $4.99/gal (with E10 91 at $4.69/gal) and one is at $5.29/gal (with E10 at $4.39/gal)

I have 5 gallons on hand for the genset. I keep 15 gallons on hand for winter. I may wait till the winter blend comes out.

How hard is summer blend to recoil start in the winter?

I have 5 gallons on hand for the genset. I keep 15 gallons on hand for winter. I may wait till the winter blend comes out.

How hard is summer blend to recoil start in the winter?
I run VPracing C9 with a RVP lower than any summer pump gas you can buy I use in winter in my genset and also snowblower never an issue.

The regular place I hit is up to $5.34 a gallon for E0 90......I may have to do some recon to check prices at other local stations that offer it.

Douglassville, PA. Five gallons for the lawn toys and another 2.7 gallons for the Prius V. Neither the Prius V nor the Ford C-Max see a gas station very often, so I keep them filled with E0. At the prices displayed below I am paying a 14.6% premium over E10 regular. The Prius V gets 10% better mileage on E0, so that difference is not what it seems. Presently looking forward to a trip to upstate NY or VT where Stewart's Shops sell 91 Octane E0 as premium. 91 octane is recommended for the C-Max, but it's only seen 89 octane E0 since I brought it home last December.

IMG_4018.jpg

Back