E0 vs E10 for storage?

interesting vids from Chickanic about eathanol content as she uses a simple cheep tester + finds 5% in any E0 gasses + noted that gas pumps with several selections pump whatever from the last customer @ 1/3 to a gallon before your selection + even some spendy canned E0's are NOT eathanol free!! in her experience some canned fuels run poorly, just cant trust most anything these days
You need to find a pump that has separate hoses for the E0 or else you will get a dose of whatever the last person pumped. Unless there is something underground that could still mix the fuels?
If your station doesn't have separate hose you could run a gallon or 2 into your car before filling your small engine gas cans.

I don’t have a garage, and it won’t fit in my shed, so my generator sits under multiple tarps outside. It stays dry, but moisture will still make its way into the tank
It's an old thread, but one thing I learned the hard way is that storing anything under tarps unless it is also sitting ON a tarp (or something else that blocks moisture coming up from the ground) is going to result in a really humid environment under the tarp. Don't know if that is a factor in your case (you might be storing it on concrete or asphalt) but worth a mention.

Hopefully keeping the tank full improves the situation as well.

I am still able to get E0 and still using it for all my OPE, but if I was stuck with the kind of moisture problems you described I would also be thinking about switching to E10 or adding something like HEET, but I would also be pumping out or draining the tank regularly (which I am trying to avoid). There are no happy endings when you have a bunch of moisture in a gas tank.

Back