Post your latest E0 purchase

93 octane ethanol free is 4.84 per gallon at the station I buy it from in southwest Georgia. Another station across town charges $5.39 per gallon for no ethanol 87 octane.

Fueled up with 91 E0 for the 3rd time in a row. The first two tanks have yielded about a 8-9% increase in my Hybrid Maverick. This fuel smells great. No corn squeezins to ruin the pleasant aroma. Truck runs better also compared to 87 E10.
20221011_095541.jpg

20221011_103019.jpg

Unknown 90 non E for mowers , snow blower and generator . Hopefully it's still summer blend , not a big seller due to high cost . Winter blend usually arrives mid October .

Last edited:
In a regular automobile is there any advantage to running no ethanol?
Yes. Gasoline has a higher energy content than ethanol, so you will get better fuel economy and use less fuel.

Also note that Ethanol attracts water. My son's 2016 Accord sat our the pandemic with a half tank of gas and had the fuel tank rust out. That was an expensive repair that would not have been needed without ethanol blended fuel.

Just paid $7.00/gal for two gallons of ethanol free aviation fuel. The closest gas station to me with ethanol free fuel is almost an hour away, but the local OPE shop buys AV Gas in bulk and sells it for small engines.
They are doing your community a great service. The canned stuff (Tru-Fuel) sells for 3x that!

Note how the 89 Octane midgrade actually costs more than the E0. What sort of idiot would buy the E10 version?

I've been running E0 in the Prius V and C-Max since December. Today was the fourth fill of E0 in the Prius, so it it completely purged of Ethanol for all intents and purposes. It's fuel economy has definitely improved, albeit not enough to cover the added cost. The C-Max is still on it's first tank at roughly E5. It will be down to E1 if I tank up below a quarter tank.

Neither of these cars had been to a gas station since mid December. I don't mind paying a little more if the gas is going to be sitting in the tank for six to eight weeks. Ethanol is hydrophilic, meaning it attracts water. Water an Ethanol mix; water and gasoline don't.

IMG_3325[1].JPG

Last edited:
It's down below $4 in my neck of the woods now, which is only 10% above regular E10. Not sure why this is, but our Prius is getting more than 10% better gas mileage using this fuel. Maybe some of you should try this and see for yourselves.

Attachments

• IMG_3429[1].JPG
    IMG_3429[1].JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 6
Back