Post your latest beer consumption

image.jpg

a pils from the local beer joint. It’s refreshing.

It's excellent, 8.6% alc. Only sold in a 4 pack. Sampled another one by a different, major brewery that i forget the name of which wasn't nearly as good. Never liked a pumpkin beer till this one.

I love good beer and home brewed for many years. I have won two 1sts in the county fair. That said I am not a beer snob, I just like what I like and the same for others. For example there are a number of overhopped IPA's that are just plain too bitter. Now that doesn't mean I dislike some of the "juicy" IPA's with great flavor and borderline (over)bitterness. For example my daughter's FIL, wow that guy is king of bitte, but he is a good guy amd always brings beer. Just too much. I can sip Christmas ales, barley wines and such - but wow too much at times, especially with food. (y) :)

Now I have to get this off my chest. I really don't like Sam Adam's beers. They are often too bitter for the style (common) and have some other funkiness going on. Sharp off flavors. Too many good local beers to waste my $ and calories on. Sorry for this. Carry on.

Now I have to get this off my chest. I really don't like Sam Adam's beers. They are often too bitter for the style (common) and have some other funkiness going on. Sharp off flavors. Too many good local beers to waste my $ and calories on. Sorry for this. Carry on.

Now, I can’t believe you don‘t like ANY of their beers. There are so many!

One off the top of my head that’s good is Old Fezziwig (sp) that comes in the winter packs.

Now, I can’t believe you don‘t like ANY of their beers. There are so many!

One off the top of my head that’s good is Old Fezziwig (sp) that comes in the winter packs.
Well all I have tried. I decidedly do NOT like their lagers. Not clean. Not acceptable.

Old Fezziwig I know nothing of. Have not seen it here. Do they ship it to the west coast? Does sound like something I could try. Did not see it on their site.........meh even their site is a mess. Not sure, but I have felt this way about SA since at least the mid 1990's.

Well all I have tried. I decidedly do NOT like their lagers. Not clean. Not acceptable.

Old Fezziwig I know nothing of. Have not seen it here. Do they ship it to the west coast? Does sound like something I could try. Did not see it on their site.........meh even their site is a mess. Not sure, but I have felt this way about SA since at least the mid 1990's.
Other than their main Boston Lager, I've tried their Pilsner (Noble Pils) and Octoberfest (someone needs to tell them how to spell it correctly) and they all had this same overpowering hoppy feel to them. Just too much.

I feel you. I remember when I was younger, SA was THE foo foo beer to drink, very popular in the mid 2000’s. I’m glad there are literally dozens of better options these days.

On a separate note, I feel bad for those who settle for cheap, crappy beer, especially if they don’t drink much. Im usually a “too each his own” kinda guy, but I simply can’t understand the appeal of cheap beer. As long as you can afford it, the extra few bucks per 12-pack is always well worth it. Now, if you don’t like any beer and just chug it to get drunk there are better ways to do it -eg, mixed drinks.

Back