Beer and Coffee preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live near a Wegmans grocery store their store brand coffee (traditional or french roast)is awesome ,even better made in the percolator

No beer now, I exercise to much for that. On coffee, we usually buy Folgers classic roast, made in an Mr. Coffee maker, with 2 paper filters in main basket, then one metal filter where the coffee goes. One half of a paper towel is folded into a small square and placed inside the large black basket first.. The slower the water drips thru, the better the finished product imho. If I could get the correct drip, I would try to keep the grounds floating in the water as it drips. IMHO, water drips to fast thru these Chinese coffee made Mr. Coffees and we are losing to much flavor. WE filter all our water first, no chlorine smell and no pepples..

Last edited:
I agree, to an extent. That's why a steeping coffeemaker like a french press makes better coffee IMO. I just can't stand the grounds left behind.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
No beer now, I exercise to much for that. On coffee, we usually buy Folgers classic roast, made in an Mr. Coffee maker, with 2 paper filters in main basket, then one metal filter where the coffee goes. One half of a paper towel is folded into a small square and placed inside the large black basket first.. The slower the water drips thru, the better the finished product imho. If I could get the correct drip, I would try to keep the grounds floating in the water as it drips. IMHO, water drips to fast thru these Chinese coffee made Mr. Coffees and we are losing to much flavor. WE filter all our water first, no chlorine smell and no pepples..

Coffee: Green Mountain. Lots of flavors and tastes the best in my opinion. I used to like Dunkin since I used to work there and got used to it, but now their coffee either tastes like water or tastes burnt.

Beer: I quit drinking altogether and feel much better and healthier.

Beef: Grass fed home grown steak. Nothing on the planet like it.

I have a few faves that I change out. Beer,Corona and Heineken. Coffee,Starbucks and Peet's French Roast.

I love threads like this!

To keep it simple:

1) Current favorite beer is Bavaria. It is made with mineral water so you get a beer and a Perrier water taste. Very addictive!!!

2) Coffee is Kenya AA. I swear you are tasting African soil in there somewhere. It is just the best. Add some whipped cream for a treat.

Coffee-
Cafe Verona (original, dark, or yukon blends)

Beer-
Ballast Point Sculpin
Grand Canyon Stout

coffee - eight o'clock bean original blend. medium roast that is smooth and flavorful.

beer - erie railbender. an ale that offers a little hops and sweetness.

Coffee...Seattle's Best 3 drip. Not in to fancy $4 cups of hot chocolate with coffee mixed in.

Beer...Session Lager is what I drink 90% of the time. Made locally, usually around a $1 a beer, no adjunct pre-prohibition recipe. Also enjoy Black Butte Porter on occasion.

I have a bit of a hop allergy so I keep things under IBU 30.

Coffee - Gotta be Luzianne coffee w/chickory. Mixed strong as I can get it, but believe it or not has a lower caffeine content.

Beer - If I'm being cheap I'll got for a Coors Banquet in 16oz cans. If I want to splurge a little bit I'll buy some Guinness or Bass Pale Ale.

I now drink Manatee Caribbean Delight coffee because my doctor told me to drink low acid coffee. This is the first low acid coffee that I actually like.

As for beer, I only tried a few. One time I drank a single beer, and for an entire week I craved more. I didn't drink anything with alcohol in it ever again, because I know what happens to people who constantly crave more alcohol.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
McD's $1 coffee and not much of a beer drinker.

Right on, McDonalds makes a good cup of coffee.

Also, the thermal doublewall cups are really great.

I totally agree with the flavor, they did a good job with their blend.

Not a beer drinker. For coffee I agree with 8 oclock columbian or their Central Perk if you can find it.Kirkland (costco) columbian in brown 3lb can is also excellent if you want a medium-dark roast.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Originally Posted By: mclasser
McD's $1 coffee and not much of a beer drinker.

Right on, McDonalds makes a good cup of coffee.

Also, the thermal doublewall cups are really great.

I totally agree with the flavor, they did a good job with their blend.

The local grocery stores are now selling McDonalds coffee in a bag like Starbucks coffee. I bought the french roast and it wasnt half bad.

At least in the US, McDonalds gives out free coffee on Mondays.

Coffee (hot): Illy and Lavazza, sugar and milk or cream
Coffee (iced): any plain café latte without any flavorings

Cocoa (hot ot cold): Droste Cocoa
Cocoa (for baking): Guittard's Dutch-processed Rouge Cocoa

Tea (hot): Any black tea, favorite is Earl Grey, little sugar and milk/cream, plain green tea, plain white tea
Tea (iced): any plain black tea, no lemon, no sugar, no milk

White and blonde beer, wheat ale, and IPA: when it's hot and I'm doing yard work etc, Lagunitas IPA or Erdinger Weissbier

Dark Beer: Ayinger Celebrator is so far my favorite, but I will drink any double bock

Free beer: I'll even drink Rolling Rock if my fishing buddy pushes a can in my hand.

hotwheels

I like Sam Adams Boston lager, and Harpoon IPA. But Im finding that I usually want three, and too often I regret having that much. So I stick with wine these days.

I found Major Dickinson coffee by Peet a couple of years ago. I like dark roast but dislike French roast. The coffee i brew at home is good, but once in a while Starbucks or the like is a treat. As much of a snob I am I do drink the freebie coffee at work which is barely a step above instant--but did I mention it was free?

Beer-I've tried 'em all. Now that I'm carb conscious, i just stick with Mich Ultra. I'm much more interested in the coffee subject.

Since it's not practical to import Kona beans more than once or twice per year, we think we've found the next best thing: Starbucks Breakfast Blend. We buy the whole beans and grind fresh for every pot. This is without doubt one of our most enjoyable personal, daily luxuries.

Enjoy life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back