Post your latest 2 stroke mix

Two gallons of ethanol free gas with an 8oz pull tab can of genuine Lawn Boy oil. I found a four pack in my dad’s garage 10 years ago and still haven’t used it all up.

Mixed up another gallon of fuel with Amsoil Saber at 50:1 ratio. I used about half of it filling up the Lawnboy for some trim work, and then I burned through a tank in a Stihl MS 251 clearing a bunch of low hanging tree limbs that are a hassle while mowing.

Just over 30 litres of regular pump gas, stabil and Motomaster conventional injector oil. Shot for 50:1. My old sleds doe enjoy a steady diet of the stuff.

50:1 Amsoil Dominator and 91 EO for my ice auger and Stihl blower
I've been using this recently just to try it. A friend gave it to me and said that he noticed some plug fouling on his saws with it, even at 50:1. I haven't noticed that yet, but did read of someone else having the issue. So far so good.

I've been using this recently just to try it. A friend gave it to me and said that he noticed some plug fouling on his saws with it, even at 50:1. I haven't noticed that yet, but did read of someone else having the issue. So far so good.
I have never had that problem in anything. We use it in our dirt bikes so we guy it by the gallon. It saves having to buy another type of oil.

I don't like the idea of adding a solvent (Berrymans) to 2-cycle mix. It may help keep the carb clean, but I don't think does anything good to prevent wear in the bottom end or cylinder.
I have no idea if it affects anything other than the carb, but I have been using the Berrymans for over 10 years. So far no problems but I would certainly report here if any arise.

Recently mixed my first batch. I have been a tru fuel user for years but I stepped up my lawn care game this year and noticed a few empty bottles of it so I decided it was time. I got a new 1 gallon metal fuel can (cause I hate plastic) and filled with 1 gallon of E0 91 or 90 octane. Used 2.6 oz red armor oil and a hint (1/2 oz) of stabil. Should last me the rest of the season I think.

5 gallons of ethanol free 89 oct and mobile 2t racing 2 cycl oil from the early 2000,s.the best 2stroke oil of all time. time to start using up my stash

20230309_153816.jpg

44:1 with 90 octane non-ethanol.

For me I use ethanol free pump gas and red armor.
I had been using 40:1 in all my 40:1 and 50:1 machines. Next month or 2 when I mixup more I'm going to try 32:1.
I'm thinking 32:1 for machines that run wide open all the time like weed eaters and leaf blowers and 40:1 for saws and things that see idling time.

Nothing exciting for the Stihl menagerie - 5 liters of 91 octane E0 from what seems to be the last Shell station selling E0 in Ontario plus a 100ml bottle of Stihl basic (orange cap) 2 stroke oil.

For the Lawn-boys switched from 4 oz Mystic JT-4 Sea & Snow to half an 8 oz bottle of Lawn Boy oil in ~3.8 liters (1 US gallon) of 91 octane E0. The Mystik (Citgo) was rumored to be the closest to Lawn-boy oil in Canada but after I accidentally drove over the Mystik bottle and was unable to find more locally I ordered a dozen 8 oz bottles of Lawn Boy oil online.

Huh... just realized that the Stihl 2-stroke oil in Canada may not be the same as in the US - what I called "basic" in the previous post is officially called "Premium" and has a Castrol logo on the back. HP does not seem to be available up here and HP Ultra had also disappeared for a while but seems to be back now albeit only in 200ml bottles.

I'm curious because a few people in other threads have commented that Stihl HP (non-Ultra) was pretty good at 40:1 but I don't know any more whether that is the same oil we have up here (white bottle with orange cap) or something different. There is no mention on the bottle of Stihl Premium about being either fully synthetic or a blend, which matches a couple of other comments about it being dino oil.

Back