Post your latest 2 stroke mix

I've been using Murphys 89 octane E10 and STP oil at 50:1 for a few years now. Never seems to attract moisture or cause any problems, no matter how long it sits in the tank or can.

Mystic full synthetic snowmobile oil I buy by the gallon for our sleds or the full syn Pennzoil two stroke boat oil, same, I buy by the gallon. Do some quick math to get it to a little richer than 50:1 and we're off. Run trimmers, blowers, chain saws commercially for since the mid nineties the same way with zero fuel related issues otherwise. Fuel is super unleaded. Sleds get 0 alcohol fuel but nothing else does. Never used stabilizers,

Always full synth. oil and E0 gas with marine fuel stabilizer in the ''raw'' gas cans when they get filled. Always have 10 gal. gas on hand incase of power outages.
Currently Klotz is the oil being used in the OPE since it's being used in my antique sled which is the last 2 stroke sled in fleet.
Learned my lesson on using E0 when E10 killed the fuel lines in my Husky 455 saw after only 2 yrs. that see's a lot of storage time.

Mixing 40:1 Shell Advance Ultra Snowmobile for my 1973 Yamaha RD350 motorcycle.

Injecting Castrol Super Snowmobile in my 1977 Yamaha RD400 motorcycle, average 32:1 ratio.

Injecting Mystik synthetic Snowmobile in my 1979 Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special motorcycle, average 32:1.

Oh wow Alain those are some dream bikes! How do you like the shell advance ultra? I was thinking of switching to it for all my ope.

Oh wow Alain those are some dream bikes! How do you like the shell advance ultra? I was thinking of switching to it for all my ope.
The Shell Advance Ultra Snowmobile is one of the best 2 stroke oil I have used. Clean GTL synthetic oil that stick to metal like a mineral, best of both world. The Shell and Mystik synthetic are good enough to that I could readjust my oil pump and inject a 50:1.

The Castrol Super Snowmobile is cheap and pretty good too at 32:1, but it smell really bad. I would not run the Castrol at 50:1 though.

3oz per gallon or around 42:1 mix of supertech 2 stroke in 87 ethanol with a half dose of stabil. 50:1 seems a bit skimpy and is more emissions. may bump to 4oz per gal im still thinking about it.

Mixing 40:1 Shell Advance Ultra Snowmobile for my 1973 Yamaha RD350 motorcycle.

Injecting Castrol Super Snowmobile in my 1977 Yamaha RD400 motorcycle, average 32:1 ratio.

Injecting Mystik synthetic Snowmobile in my 1979 Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special motorcycle, average 32:1.
****! That's some great bikes there!

I used to use regular pump gas, E10 87 octane, and mix a gallon of 40:1. It would take a long time to use up a gallon.

Now I buy the True Fuel 40:1. One quart can lasts me two years in the leaf blower to clear the walks of grass clippings. The few extra dollars spent is worth it to me to not hassle with it.

Been using the premixed can stuff the last 2 years. Tru fuel, sonoco and just picked up the HD brand all 50:1 allegedly good for 2 years after opening

Similar to the oil change thread I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of mixes people are using for their 2 strokes. I just started a lawn care side business so I’m excited to get working through my stash. I’ll go first.

Last night I mixed up a 25l jug of 91 octane Shell gas and Poulan synthetic oil at 50:1. I got a bunch of this oil for outrageously cheap on clearance and I’ve been happy with its performance. I believe it’s the same as Husqvarna‘s synthetic 2t.

What have you mixed lately?
1 gallon 25:1 for Shindaiwa two cycle water pump, 4 gallons 80:1 for 20 h.p. Yamaha outboard (supposed to be 100:1 but I like it a bit richer), 1 gallon 32:1 for Jonsereds chainsaws, Echo trimmers, Shred 'n Vac and small Echo chainsaw (supposed to be 25:1 for big saws and 50:1 for trimmers etc. but with modern high quality oil, 32:1 seems to be a good compromise. Using Canadian Tire Brand conventional 2 stroke oil. Been doing it for decades with no issues.

Last edited:
Always Echo or Stihl 50:1 with 87 octane.
Stihl BR 400 backpack blower purchased new in 1998, still starts on pull 3 or 4 and runs well
Echo 2601 trimmer purchased new in 1999, runs a little rough but good enough for my small lawn
Both items were used commercially for 6 or 7 years then retired to residential use for the past 15+ years

Exxon or BP E10 87 octane and AMSOIL Saber at 100:1. Been using that for over 15yrs now in my string trimmer, chain saw and leaf blower. I just mix in a one gallon can since I don't use it up very fast.

Back