Post your last tire/wheel purchase

11R 24.5s?
2 cars, each has a nail puncture in the shoulder when they were fairly new (8/10") but the tires were close out and no more new stocks. So instead of throwing away 2 near new tires I bought 2 used one to match (same year, 8/10", eBay)

Yokohama Avid something 195 60 R16
Bridgestone Potenza something 245 40 R18

Sounds corny in this day and age, but I waited 6 years to do it. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4. They were A/S 3's and I think 3+ while I was looking and waiting.

I bought a used car in 2016 and it had new Rydanz Roadster 02s, engineered in Europe, made in China so the co says. Had to wear them out before replacing. 3/4 were plugged and leaking lol

It is very satisfying to get things after waiting. Feels like being a kid.

275 55 20 Nitto Recon Grapplers
B3G1 at NTB
little over a grand installed

Nitto added some siping, so far so good in the rain. Little hum, less than I expected from a tire this aggressive.

Attachments

• 20230517_004631.jpg
    20230517_004631.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 10
Vredestein Sprint+, 205/50Y17 & 255/40Y17 on the '96 911 replacing Conti DSW's. Not sure why a car that spent the past ~20 years in New Orleans had AS tires.

My first set of 'modern' Vredesteins as I've had many sets of their Sprint Classics on older cars.

Tacoma Out: Original Firestone Destination LE - P245/75R16
How did you like the Firestone? I was thinking of a set of Destination LE3's but they're as expensive as Michelin. Were you please with the Firestone brand?

Vredestein Sprint+, 205/50Y17 & 255/40Y17 on the '96 911 replacing Conti DSW's. Not sure why a car that spent the past ~20 years in New Orleans had AS tires.

My first set of 'modern' Vredesteins as I've had many sets of their Sprint Classics on older cars.
Dsw are an amazing performance tire. The only thing I think might be better are the Michelin pilot sport series. I’ve had both though

Dextero DTR1 from Walmart in Dec 2023 at $60/tire plus $15 install. Low cost option when I had a broken belt. Decent tires all around until you hit over 70mph then there seems to be a bit of a off balance issue. I plan to try a rebalance and see if that corrects it. If I had a do over I would go Michelin for about another $100 as they never let me down.

4 brand new Michelin all season tires and 1 brand new factory wheel for my 14 Corvette. The other wheel was slightly bent so I replaced it with a new one. $500 for the wheel ouch. Love the Corvette though.

Attachments

• sIiDTxuRTSOyd7Kf2NQCww.jpg
    sIiDTxuRTSOyd7Kf2NQCww.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 6
I was contemplating Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, or Continental ExtremeContact DW02. But, then realized we only have 2 real months of hit weather, and then cold mornings and nights. So, Michelin Pilot A/S 4 or Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus.
I didn’t have Continental performance tire for some time, so decided that.
Took off track tires I was using since I took of snows, 225/45 R17. Put 18” wheels I purchased two years ago, 225/40 R18. I know Continental is very smooth and comfortable, but these are actually more comfortable than Yokohoma Advan Apax V601 I took off that have beefier sidewall.

IMG_2285.jpeg

Back