Post your HOA horror stories here

Now let's see if the Safety and Compliance vehicle rolls around tonight.

Memorial Day weekend is coming up.. Top Gun: Maverick appears to be shaping up to be a great "popcorn flick" if people are still packing the theatres. If they aren't? Better for me... I had the garage door up again today...

I've had an old man follow me to the front once says he saw me do a "rolling stop" and that he is "on the board.." Nissan Sentra... heh.

Summer is here, folks. Straight from Winter to Summer but. I'll take it.

Well. I'll share here what happened.. I let it slip, just trying to make good conversation, "Yeah, that was my sister. She just showed up. Out of nowhere." And that was the honest truth. I then continued to WD-40 clean my custom plate, it has its first discoloration. Oh well.

It was then, the guy legit asked who I was.. and I just looked at him like. Dude...

....... methinks he may be the complainer in the neighborhood. Just an odd encounter that anyone here would have told to go somewhere.

I'm wondering what I had to do with it.. mr. Po Po neighbor even rode up driver side of Jeep to wrong side of street to ask me these things. As far as I'm concerned, I was harrassed for being seen while cleaning my car. They say you aren't supposed to use paper towels, even wet ones.

Just a nosy person, I don't know anything else that could be called. I didnt answer his second question. I didnt have to answer the first but.. that whole "I will try to be less of a jerk today" thing..
You should’ve blown your nose in one of those paper towels and handed to him:D

Just had a neighbor, rolled up on me like they were the cops while I was cleaning/detailing my car. Asked me, "Hey, who was that in the Expedition that was parked here yesterday?"

Now, mind you, that was my sister, was here about 10 minutes...

Then wanted to know who I was...

Black Jeep, yes, that's you.

Just normal life in an HOA...

Now, this is a reality called BITOG, first one that defends that business gets a prize.

I'd say, that is just straight up nosiness .

Are you a minority ?

Maybe they suspect something…. ?

Free car wash in your driveway?

I could give it a shot! 🙂

I'd have to explain to my neighbor how much water I use, is my guess...🤣🤣 but. Come on down!

Unless you're coming to the August event. Maybe I'll bring some sort of car wash product, so I can be of my word lol. If you want! 😃

We live in one of the HOAs that is horrible. Not all are. Seems to be about a 75/25 split...

Although . If actual, real police are returning to society.. hmm. It's been awhile.... (like, actual police, from the government.) Hmmm...

Best HOA board members get roped into it. My dog took a dump at 3:30 am on a summer morning, and at 5:15 the board member was banging on my door with the rule in hand stating that dog waste MUST be picked up promptly. Didn't say a thing about night or day. Promptly means promptly, not sunrise.

The neighborhood I used to live in, in Elmhurst, IL, moved away in 1988, I went back over the summer.. I found that it looks better than it ever has before. NO HOA.

Elmhurst is kinda small and an older neighborhood with no way to expand. It does have a weird small-town vibe to it while being surrounded by busy towns and money. I hope it never changes.

Elmhurst is kinda small and an older neighborhood with no way to expand. It does have a weird small-town vibe to it while being surrounded by busy towns and money. I hope it never changes.

I regret the day my family moved from there to Manassas, VA. You know what Manassas, VA is known for? Remember John Bobbitt? Yea.

I'm gonna park my new Maserati TC or TC by Maserati or Chrysler Lebaron or whatever it is right in front of my **** house. And use that Griots 3 in 1 stuff on it.

Who wants to bet I'll be evicted within a week...

Or I can put it on the roof for them. Or on the lawn...

Which is more fitting lmao.....

Another wonderful HOA story...

Our neighborhood HOA has about 5 small ponds. No signs anywhere, and property lines show they are HOA owned (property of our HOA). My son has been fishing there all summer catching smallies, large mouth, and bluegills...just having a ton of fun as an 11 year old kid.

He just today got kicked off one of the ponds saying he was not allowed to fish there.

New HOA rule of no fishing is being instituted. Signs will be posted in two days. Reason is insurance liability.

I get to explain to my son how a pond full of fish that we help pay for can no longer be fished in. Dang I'm mad.

Back