HOA news

My monthly HOA fee was increased by 240% since I moved in. Can someone help me understand why?

That person doesnt know why because they didnt attend the meetings and communications throughout the HOA to know why.

Instead of the person asking the question from others that do not know why, all one has to do is contact the HOA and learn why.
Simple stuff but some people have problems with even understanding why they pay what they pay and choose not to know.
:unsure:

My monthly HOA fee was increased by 240% since I moved in. Can someone help me understand why?

What the.... $375 per month sounds outrageous as it is, but $900!? That's my mortgage!

Yes. Well, maybe.

Is this a condo/townhome community? If so, HOAs usually pay for ALL exterior maintenance, repairs, lawn upkeep, water, sewer and garbage utilities.

My MIL's HOA provides all of that minus water/sewage, and her HOA fee is $275 per YEAR.

I haven't lived in one where the streets were part of the HOA but the HOA makes sure the county properly maintains them and rate walkways, way more than areas without an HOA.
Oh and that goes for drainage too.
The MUD maintains the streets in my neighborhood until all the lots have been built up and sold, at which point it transfers to the county.

I'm genuinely glad that's been your experience, and I hope it continues that way. There are obvious upsides - I don't want a neighbour painting their house with pink and purple polka dots, or having several non-running cars up on blocks in their driveway on an indefinite basis.
I have owned non-HOA homes for 40 years as well as my whole family has too. Have never seen the rumored Pink home with Polka Dots yet.....

HOAs have been adjusting fees to build up the required reserve in order to afford the structural maintenance so the building won't collapse like the condominium building collapse i Miami.

Insurance is also getting expensive.

Back