Popping sound when I turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the cv joints replaced on my car (both sides - under warranty). It has less than 45k on the odo, less than 3k on the cv joints/half-shafts.

Just recently, when I turn sharply, I'll hear a "pop!" noise from the drivers side.

It happens whether I turn left or right.

I am currently using aftermarket sway bars and springs.

I thought it was the front swaybar moving around, as the nut has become loose once, but I didn't notice anything this time.

Any suggestions?

As I only have ramps and no lift, anything too complicated will require a trip to the shop.

Thanks in advance.

I'm kind of dumb in this area.

The car is a 00' Accord with double wishbone suspension. It uses macpherson struts in the front and regular struts in the rear.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your question. Sorry.

[ January 13, 2005, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: seotaji ]

I used to get it in my MB when the ball joints were shot.

Ive recently done all 4 balljoints in my truck due to play, and my truck still occasionally does this when cold, so there is obviously another component that does this.

both suspensions I mention are vastly different from yours, but experience the same thing.

If youve modified the suspension at all, definitely check the balljoints, Id say thats your #1 culprit.

JMH

quote:

One pop or many pops?

Just one. When I turn the wheel to make a turn, it'll do it. It's very annoying.

Anyone have any guesses to how much it'll cost to repair?

I'm beginning to dislike my honda.

[ January 13, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: seotaji ]

I am sorry you dont like Honda. But this problem could be cause by the Axel boots, see if they are worn and leaking grease.

OK, the forum for my car suggests that the popping noise is a result of my aftermarket sway bars and that the nut holding one of the endlinks on is loose.

I will check on it in the next few days and let everyone know.

I appreciate that people are willing to help me with my problem.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back