Pop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

I have seen the word “pop” used to describe the appearance of a wax finish and would like to know what it means.

I have noticed now that I have about 3 coats of AW over the DG105 on my car that the surface almost seems to disappear when looking at reflections in the paint.

Yeah, you could also call it bling. It's that high gloss reflection you get when your paint is polished to perfection.

I spent most of the day detailing a C5 Vette in Electron Blue, kind of cobalt blue metallic. Washed it, clayed it, polished it with Menzerna PO106FF, polished again with Zaino AIO, applied 2 coats of Zaino Z5Pro and 1 coat of Zaino Z2Pro. Topped it off with an application of Zaino Clear Seal and, a couple hours later, a final wipe down with Zaino Z8.

Lemme tell ya, that paint was poppin'!! I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

bret, that looks great...I bet you'd do a good job on my black Fusion
smile.gif

Bretfraz,

Beautiful work!

Tell us more about the new Zaino Clear Seal (CS). I'm a minimalist (cheap arse). I currently use Z2/ZFX only on my daily driver and wonder how the CS might work.

Would you consider using it alone, as the web says one can (vs. Z2/ZFX)?

Is there a noticeable difference when applied over the Z2/ZFX?

Does the CS over Z2 make it last longer, or just make it shine more? I'm trying to get down to only a spring/fall schedule (again, a daily driver I want to protect and have look a little bit nice).

Just trying to justify the cost of CS and how it might improve the system.

Thanks.

doitmyself,

Most of your questions can be answered by viewing the Zaino website and the info on the CS. The CS over the Z2 is supposed to improve the length of time the product will last. Zaino claims it will make it last up to nine months. I'm currently using the CS and I used it after a Z-AIO application about six weeks ago. I just recently did another coat after a wash and a Z8. The water still beads nicely and the depth is great. Considering it only takes a small amount to do your vehicle and each bottle is six ounces (according to the product detail, an average car will use less than 1/4 ounce), a bottle can go a long way.

For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products. Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes.

Thanks Globey for the input. But the website also says for ultimate appearance you should use the product 3 to 4 times a year.

I visited the web site, but I am also looking for some real world experiences/opinions.

I also want some real world results of CS alone vs. the use of Z2/ZFX based systems. If CS works "as good" as Z2, it seems that CS would be faster and easier.

My question, then, is:

1. Do I use use CS on top of my Z2/ZFX? For what benefits - more shine and durability (really?) at more cost. For me, the Z2 at spring/fall applications is doing quite well by itself.

2. Can I just go with CS alone for equal results (Z2/ZFX) and easier application?

Did I confuse everyone? I'm just trying to see how this CS works into a system that was already "the best".

Quote:

Bretfraz,

Beautiful work!

Tell us more about the new Zaino Clear Seal (CS). I'm a minimalist (cheap arse). I currently use Z2/ZFX only on my daily driver and wonder how the CS might work.

Is there a noticeable difference when applied over the Z2/ZFX?

Does the CS over Z2 make it last longer, or just make it shine more? I'm trying to get down to only a spring/fall schedule (again, a daily driver I want to protect and have look a little bit nice).

Just trying to justify the cost of CS and how it might improve the system.

Thanks.

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to this thread. Been a busy weekend.

Sure. It certainly can be used as a replacement for Z2 or Z5. I'm still determining where Z-CS fits into my detailing regimen. It can't be layered like Z2 or Z5 and there is no need for ZFX. Z-CS is a "one and done" product so its ideal for those who want to apply one coat of product and be done with it. Since Z-CS does not require buffing off, its one of the simplest and easiest products available.

I'd say both but the added shine is hard to tell. Z-CS is great as a booster to an existing Z2 or Z5 application. Again, no need to mix with ZFX and no buffing off, so its a great quick shine product.

Quote:

Thanks Globey for the input. But the website also says for ultimate appearance you should use the product 3 to 4 times a year.

I visited the web site, but I am also looking for some real world experiences/opinions.

I also want some real world results of CS alone vs. the use of Z2/ZFX based systems. If CS works "as good" as Z2, it seems that CS would be faster and easier.

My question, then, is:

1. Do I use use CS on top of my Z2/ZFX? For what benefits - more shine and durability (really?) at more cost. For me, the Z2 at spring/fall applications is doing quite well by itself.

2. Can I just go with CS alone for equal results (Z2/ZFX) and easier application?

Did I confuse everyone? I'm just trying to see how this CS works into a system that was already "the best".

No, no confusion. Z-CS can be hard to classify. I feel it can be used as a replacement for Z2 or Z5. It lasts longer and shines better than Z8, which is Zaino's frequent use spray sealant. But exactly how Z-CS fits into the system is hard to determine. It's one of those products where the technology is understandable but the application is a little more challenging.

Right now I'm thinking Z-CS is best teamed up with Z-AIO and used as a simple 1-2 punch. Z-AIO is used to lightly polish and clean the paint, just like you'd use a cleaner wax product. Then Z-CS is applied on top of it to add shine and durability. Reapply Z-CS when desired and use Z-AIO as needed, maybe during a once or twice per year full detail. This process can be used in place of Z2 or Z5 applications if the car is in very good to excellent condition.

Maybe the Z-CS/Z-AIO combo would be best on a new car which needs little to no corrective polishing, just a general paint cleaning and protection. It would also be good for those interested in Zaino but feel the traditional system is too complex and involved, with too many products needed to get the best results. With the Z-CS/Z-AIO combo you,

*Wash and dry
*Clay the paint
*Z-AIO the entire car one time
*Z-CS the entire car one time
*Done!

The only buffing needed is after the Z-AIO step. And if Z-AIO is applied properly, it comes off very easily with a few swipes of a microfiber towel. There ya go..... Zaino, Simplified.

cheers.gif

You guys are awesome! I have a 1994 Admiral Blue Corvette that I wish you could do the same for! It's in 98% perfect condition - you could make it 100% no doubt.

Thank you for the in-depth answers, bretfraz. After reading gobey's use of AIO/CS and reading their website some more, I also wondered if that might be a good combo.

One thing that came to mind comparing the two "systems" regards the "Zen" or meditative value of buffing off the sealant to reveal the shine. The "wax on....wax off" experience that only some attain......priceless! Wipe on and walk away would seem like I've been cheated!

Thanks again. Another month before I place my Zaino order...how nice that I can consider this a "problem".

Zaino Z2Pro pops, it has nice reflections but still deep and wet. I wouldn't say the same for a lot of other flat looking sealants, or deep looking carnubas that have a lot less reflectivity. Bret did a great job with his detail but he also used a great polish first so both contributed to his "pop". This is just Z2Pro with ZAIO, nothing else except a few srites of z6. The car is new but getting a lot of miles, next time will need ZPC. Nothing on tires, or it will really look good-
grin.gif

I was actually teaching someone who can't speak English how to use Zaino. This was his detail with me watching, the stuff is very easy to use. My new guy was a little slow as we didn't finish today, but it was still pretty flawless and was our second detail of the day. First one didn't "pop" because it was white and white just don't pop period.

872430861_7eb5ddfa54.jpg

872414687_97befbae94.jpg

872414559_f4ae92cb48.jpg

872430891_139b92e11d.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:

Thank you for the in-depth answers, bretfraz. After reading gobey's use of AIO/CS and reading their website some more, I also wondered if that might be a good combo.

One thing that came to mind comparing the two "systems" regards the "Zen" or meditative value of buffing off the sealant to reveal the shine. The "wax on....wax off" experience that only some attain......priceless! Wipe on and walk away would seem like I've been cheated!

Thanks again. Another month before I place my Zaino order...how nice that I can consider this a "problem".

doitmyself,

I did just as Bret listed a couple months ago to my 06 Ford Fusion. Here were the steps:

1- Washed with Zaino Z-7 car wash
2- Clay bar
3- Washed again to remove residual clay
4- Z-AIO
5- ZCS

The next day I went over the car with Z8. I intended to go the Z2 route with ZFX but it's hot down here in Biloxi. The car turned out great and since then all I've done is washed and the went over the car with Z8. I did go over it with another light coat of ZCS just the other day. Water is still beading great and the shine is tremendous.

P6230287.jpg

P6230285.jpg

P6230291.jpg

I'm really a perfectionist and I do have a couple light swirl marks due to dealer washes while the car was sitting on the lot for six months before I purchased it. This system has done an excellent job of bringing the most out of my paint. I still would like to get some paint correction done to fix a couple rock nicks on the hood, but I get a LOT of compliments on the shine and wet look of my car. People really dislike it when I park next to their car at work because it makes them feel bad.
laugh.gif
Then again, I have a serious OCD about caring for my car.

Here's a few trials I've had this summer (with various products:

First is Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss topped with Megs #26:

neon_shine7.jpg

neon_shine1.jpg

neon_shine2.jpg

Next is just Duragloss 108 (similar to 101):

mariner_shine4.jpg

mariner_shine3.jpg

Last is Duragloss 101:

fusion6copy.jpg

fusion3copy.jpg

fusion4copy.jpg

The Fusion has since been topped with Megs #26 & AquaWax. The Mariner has since been topped with a few coats of AquaWax. AquaWax really adds flake pop the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back