Current longest lasting wax?

Living in Central Florida the only synthetic wax I have found to last more than 4 months outside in the sun has been Finish Kare FK1000. Recently since we are not in the "hot" season the wax can push 5-6 months. I am curious if anyone has found something that last longer under the same conditions? Not interested in other type coatings. Thanks

From tests I have read, NU Finsh is one of the longer lasting protectants.

I've used NU Finish for decades! Not in a traditional way! I've used it on an Old Town canoe from the mid 90's. Works great on poly as well as metal! You'd think in all those years I would have tried it on a car!

Reactions: hrv
Living in S. Florida, TW Seal and Shine and to a lesser degree, NuFinish (classic) have worked best for me.

I've also tried TW Hybrid Ceramic, Meguire's Waterless Wax, Lucas Mist Speed Wax., Mother's, NuFinish Ceramic and TW Wax as you Dry. All of them work well for a couple weeks but Seal and Shine has been demonstrably longer lasting with great luster.

If the paint is faded I have always New Finish because of the light cleaner in it. If the paint surface is really clean I use Turtle Wax Hybrid. I found it really lasts here in the high IR state.

Reactions: hrv
I always thought the harder it is to wipe off, the longer it lasts.
I remember the old days of the three step Blue Corral method...and it was hard to remove..but the end result was great...

I live in FL as well. Optimum Spray wax and Meguiars Xpress Spray wax are good choices for toppers. Optimum car wax says it can protect for 5 months. Meguiars always beads up my car for weeks on end but I don’t keep track because I constantly apply it every wash. Those 2 are my favorite. But the FK1000 is probably a step above them however in durability. High temp paste wax is another one I’ve heard of having good durability. I only have experience with Meguiars Carbuba plus paste wax.

Last edited:
Old school but cheap and long lasting are any of the Collinite wax products. Cancoat is supposed to be a easy, affordable, long lasting ceramic. Honestly, some of the new Turtlewax products are great for their pricepoint.

Turtle Wax Seal N Shine has lasted for awhile on my vehicles. It’s spray wax but does amazing. Let’s see I washed all our cars on my vacation week last year which was in July and all of them still bead up nicely. Definitely worth the money. Their traditional wax usually last me about 5 to 6 months too so that’s an option for sure.

Turtle Wax Seal N Shine has lasted for awhile on my vehicles. It’s spray wax but does amazing. Let’s see I washed all our cars on my vacation week last year which was in July and all of them still bead up nicely. Definitely worth the money. Their traditional wax usually last me about 5 to 6 months too so that’s an option for sure.
But are they 'garaged' and out of the sunlight and other elements?
My Vette lives in the garage, never see's rain but occasional washings and easily lasts a year.

Of course they have. NuFinish isn't even the same as it was since Energizer bought em.
So for longest lasting 'protection and deep shine' what's the big dog on the block?
I haven't purchased a wax in a looooong time and Meguiar's old M21 (blue) in a big jug was a very long lasting product... I'm almost out of it.

I used Meguiar's Ultimate Wax on my car early last year, and it has held up in the Georgia sun for a long time. Still getting water beading up on it. Remember finding a test where it was the longest lasting comparted to a lot of others.

Back