Pontoon boats for fishing

There are dual and triple pontoons. The dual pontoons can run in much shallower water than a triple, since the motor does not need to hang down below a pontoon.

They are slow. There is something to be said for having room for a cooler, BBQ grill and comfortable chairs. They can be a handful on a windy day. It is much easier to throw a cast net for bait. You can pitch a tent on deck, tie up and sleep. For catfish jug fishing on the mud flats there is little better. For tournament Bass killing they are not well suited.

Rod

I live on Lake Lanier in Georgia and am looking at buying a 17 to 19 foot pontoon boat set up for fishing. Probably a 60 to 90 HP motor. We have local dealers that carry Lowe, Suncatcher(G3),Suntracker, Avalon, Landau and a few others. I haven't owned a pontoon before, so am looking for any advice on boat, motors, options/features to consider, etc.
Thanks!

Can't help ya too much with the pontoon boats. I have a 23.3 Cobalt for the Great Lakes but its IO and closed bow for when you get caught on those 12ft waves 50mi off shore haha. The few crazies that do go out on the GL's with pontoons have said good things about Suntracker.

PS LOVE THAT FLEET WOW

I recently took a Landau 20 for fishing, a great boat. But for family walks I think it will not work. Take a closer look at the Lowe Retreat 230 RFL, I really like it for its external characteristics .

Attachments

• YTo0OntzOjE6InQiO2E6Mjp7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjE0MDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjkwMDt9czoxOiJ3IjthOjI6e3M6MToieCI7aT...jpg
    YTo0OntzOjE6InQiO2E6Mjp7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjE0MDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjkwMDt9czoxOiJ3IjthOjI6e3M6MToieCI7aT...jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 7
Back