Police surround church in Newtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody on that comment section of that Yahoo article was accurate when they stated that all the sadistic psychopaths and sociopaths will come out of the woodwork to "feed" on the fear, pain, and misery of the victims families...

The thing that most normal human beings have a hard time comprehending is that these "creatures" that appear to look like human beings, and in many cases can "fake" basic traits of as well are actually proven to have a different wiring pattern in their brains...these people have no empathy, believe that others are there strictly to serve their needs, and have NO conscience at all. The lack "humanity", even though they appear to be human.

I think when a lot of people speak of "reptilians" they are referring to these types of people.

Sick, twisted, and sad all in one. I hope they catch this person and he/she spends the rest of his life in jail.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
What is going on down there? People can be so sick and cruel.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/n...-182416799.html

Every once in a while, in a country with a large population and finite resources, ghastly things are bound to happen every once in a while. The only question is what can be done to minimize HOW OFTEN they happen. It's impossible to have an honest national discussion on that point as long as we remain scientifically illiterate, cling to archaic ideas of atomized individuals, refuse to be flexible about what constitutes a civil society, and are so quick to make everything a matter of politics.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
More to come; reports coming in that the Westboro Baptist Church may be protesting the funerals...

I have a couple of days off this week. If that really is the case, I will drive to CT and help people make a "wall" to block the WBC people.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Somebody on that comment section of that Yahoo article was accurate when they stated that all the sadistic psychopaths and sociopaths will come out of the woodwork to "feed" on the fear, pain, and misery of the victims families...

The thing that most normal human beings have a hard time comprehending is that these "creatures" that appear to look like human beings, and in many cases can "fake" basic traits of as well are actually proven to have a different wiring pattern in their brains...these people have no empathy, believe that others are there strictly to serve their needs, and have NO conscience at all. The lack "humanity", even though they appear to be human.

I think when a lot of people speak of "reptilians" they are referring to these types of people.
+1

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Every once in a while, in a country with a large population and finite resources, ghastly things are bound to happen every once in a while. The only question is what can be done to minimize HOW OFTEN they happen. It's impossible to have an honest national discussion on that point as long as we remain scientifically illiterate, cling to archaic ideas of atomized individuals, refuse to be flexible about what constitutes a civil society, and are so quick to make everything a matter of politics.

You're being reasonable! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!

A friend of mine was murdered last month. The police (and ourselves - her friends) know who did it. We all knew the shooter was still out there, and that the funeral could be a magnet for him and his uncontrolled emotions. I personally felt very uneasy about this during the funeral until I found out later we were protected. The police armed and placed themselves at the funeral in a low key, undercover way, that even I didn't notice they were there until somebody figured it out and told me after the funeral.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
More to come; reports coming in that the Westboro Baptist Church may be protesting the funerals...

I have a couple of days off this week. If that really is the case, I will drive to CT and help people make a "wall" to block the WBC people.

Oh I'll be down there too,with my guy fawkes mask, if that happens an I have that day off. However we can take solace in the knowledge that Anonymous has their sights set firmly on the WBC once again. If anonymous wants to destroy WBC, they easily can. To be frank, I'm waiting for Anon to find out who this was, I bet they could do it with relative ease.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17..._n_2315070.html

Last edited:
I have never seen a more impacted event. The whole country is so moved more that 9/11 IMHO. I hope we can get things done now. We need leadership more than ever before!!

Quote:
It's impossible to have an honest national discussion on that point as long as we remain scientifically illiterate, cling to archaic ideas of atomized individuals, refuse to be flexible about what constitutes a civil society, and are so quick to make everything a matter of politics.

If you don't believe in atomized individualism, then everything must be political as others will be making decisions for you.

Burke said "atomized individualism", as you say, was a key part of a civil society.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
I have never seen a more impacted event. The whole country is so moved more that 9/11 IMHO. I hope we can get things done now. We need leadership more than ever before!!

For what exactly?

Originally Posted By: Tempest
If you don't believe in atomized individualism, then everything must be political as others will be making decisions for you.

Giving up the idea of atomized individuals doesn't mean giving up your power to make decisions. It just means that the very idea of a "decision" becomes a whole lot more complicated (but also a great deal less mysterious in light of what we now know about how people behave). Instead of being an act of a black-box "mind" or "soul" acting independently of everything else, it emerges from a combination of a person's biology, history, and circumstances.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGv1Nay2z-U

As for the point about making things political, I think "political" was a bad word choice. What I should have said there was that we are too quick to make issues into matters of political ideology.

This thread is the perfect example what is wrong with us today. Everyone has the best idea on how to handle this situation and is willing to burn themselves in a effort to throw their fuel to the fire.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

For what exactly?

To stand up to; zealots, extremists, and purists (on BOTH sides), while making a case for sanity on the issue.
wink.gif

^^^Their actions/beliefs make the BEST case yet for separation of church and state in this country.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGv1Nay2z-U

Pointless psychobable. No useful information...at all. Humans are social animals, there is nothing new there.

Quote:
Instead of being an act of a black-box "mind" or "soul" acting independently of everything else

I am unaware of anyone that believes this.

Quote:
it emerges from a combination of a person's biology, history, and circumstances.

You mean people change throughout their lives and that even twins will have different personalities? Amazing!

What exactly is your point here?

To be brief re. limitations re. a thread of this nature: We are not protecting our population both adults and children. Exactly will be Congress's job but do it asap. This issue has to come flying out of the gate!! we are accepting this as being routine now!=Tempest]

For what exactly? [/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back