Foreign visitors in a public place ask that they not be recorded during a YouTube livestream

They’re ethnic Chinese US citizens who have hitched their wagon to China’s increasing influence and wealth.

China's increasing influence and wealth is on the slide. The days of double digit GDP growth are gone, probably forever. Chinese stock markets have lost $6 trillion in 3 years, they are suffering deflation, have a debt crisis and the population is shrinking which will cause serious long term worsening demographics. China has problems and they are mostly down to the arrogance of one man who rules everything. The country is subject to his quirky biased decisions which he gets wrong. Look what a dumb pandemic they had which they have yet to recover from. The Chinese people don't have much trust in the future of China. Unlike most everywhere else the people didn't go on a post pandemic spending spree which is why deflation has got a hold.

Some predicted that the Chinese economy would overtake the US but I really don't see it lasting with the current dictatorship model.

These people knew what they were doing. Their performance is probably going to be used in some Chinese propaganda piece about the West and how it is inferior to the CCP.

Nah. Reports were that it was supposed to be some sort of fluff piece about “greetings from London” from members of the Chinese diaspora for Chinese New Year. Probably would have been less than a minute.

I’ve seen similar stuff on the Disney programs my kid likes to watch around Christmas. They might have brief messages from Disney parks around the world, including France, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. The primary focus will always be on Disneyland and Disney World.

This guy reports that a CCP spy was among the Chinese "visitors". Crazy stuff.

Back