Mailbox hit by drunk driver

I like this one

I’ve heard a 23152 conviction is $10,000 minimum. Pretty sure you won’t get restitution.
You can rent a private box with notifications. You can rent a box at the PO, but no notifications.

Curious if the driver was actually drunk and perhaps taken in by LEO for DUI, or is is just assumed that a driver would have to be drunk to hit something like that.

Curious if the driver was actually drunk and perhaps taken in by LEO for DUI, or is is just assumed that a driver would have to be drunk to hit something like that.
Plus, either way, pursuing him for ANY damages will be a drawn out process, assuming he had insurance. If not, you can get a judgment but good luck collecting.

I'm not saying don't pursue the driver as he should be held responsible. But in the meantime @Chris142 (and hopefully his neighbors) need to handle this out of pocket. Any reimbursement later is a bonus.

Six of us got hit on our bikes two years ago and it was about a year before State Farm paid up, and I imagine that's quick. AND in that case the driver stuck around and didn't deny anything.

nothing good. the rack is on private property so the land owner has to go after the drivers insurance.
I'm truly confused. Of all those mailboxes, no one has an engine driven welder, or a genny and a small wire feed?

A couple hours with a couple guys will get it at least sectioned together where the USPS can't claim height violations.

Some used oil field pipe, a couple clamps, a couple grinders and the ability to make bright blue light.....done.

Is insurance or law enforcement requiring it remained untouched? I call BS if so -- a police report and pictures should suffice.

Back