Hit By a Drunk Driver Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
We met with a lawyer today, and I'm already glad we did. He brought up a list of things that I hadn't considered at all.

The other person's official charges are...

Open container
Fleeing the scene
DUI alcohol >0.08
Driving with suspended license
Failure to yield

The lawyer laid out the claims for punitive damages based on those charges.

He also stated that a loss of consortment could be claimed since my wife had to miss work and our lives are affected by my PTSD triggers from it. I never would've considered that.

Anyway, it sounds like this lawyer knows what he's talking about. Thank you guys for recommending a lawyer.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Alcoholism is a disease; I did not ask for it.
Drunk driving is a crime and stupid and horribly dangerous.
If I do it I should pay. Innocent people should not suffer and worse...
Alcohol is poison.

No it isn't a disease that's an excuse its a choice.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Alcoholism is a disease; I did not ask for it.
Drunk driving is a crime and stupid and horribly dangerous.
If I do it I should pay. Innocent people should not suffer and worse...
Alcohol is poison.

No it isn't a disease that's an excuse its a choice.

Alcoholism count as a disease in Finland by the law(just saying). And its very hard to get rid off it without help. Anyway Drunk driving is a crime like Johonnyjohnson did say.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
We have an appointment with a lawyer on Thursday.

In the meantime, we didn't waste any time finding a replacement. We went car searching today and found this 2012 Mustang at a Chevy dealer. The wife and I both test drove it, the wife fell in love with it, and a few hours later we were driving it home. We paid $8,250 cash total out the door after taxes, title, and fees. It has the 3.7L V6, 6-speed auto, convertible, and 129k miles. Here's a cell phone picture. I'll try to get some better pictures posted soon.

[Linked Image]

Making lemonade out of lemons...nice car.
thumbsup2.gif

I rented a hard top Mustang many years ago when the Dakota was in the shop; V6/Auto, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Hope it works out for you.

Originally Posted by opus1

Making lemonade out of lemons...nice car.
thumbsup2.gif

I rented a hard top Mustang many years ago when the Dakota was in the shop; V6/Auto, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Hope it works out for you.

I was surprised at how much I liked it also. My main concern was being able to (comfortably) fit us and the kids in it. The salesman and manager gave us the go ahead to take the carseat out of our Tahoe and strap it in the Mustang's backseat and buckle up the 2 year old to see how comfortably she could ride. It actually clicked in really easy and snug. I was able to let the seat back to my comfort with the pedals, and she could still move her legs around easy. That was the selling point for me was surprisingly roomy it is. The Tahoe will still be the vehicle we take if we are taking the whole family somewhere, the Mustang will be my wife's daily, but it's nice to know that we can comfortably seat the kids in the Mustang if we have to.

Mustangs are sweet looking cars. My son had an '05 for a few years, I'd sold a few being 'in the biz' and I've driven a few as demos- even picking him up in his middle school days with a convertible.

*It's been one of my big car mystery's and a curious thing though. I could never get the 'ergos' right. I'm not odd sized or shaped, yet the seat height, front to aft and where the steering wheel is always feels 'off'. Never could get it right, but good enough to drive around some without any real problems.
Anyone else ?
This was a few years ago, 1999 though the 2009 time frame. I've always been around 160 to 175 # , 5'11" or so. My experience with that always had me thinking the car might be better or perfect for people in the 5'2 to 5'9 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back