"Polarized" ester molecules in Castrol "Startup" ROTFLMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a Strauss discount Auto store in NJ and noticed floor billboards touting the "polarized" ester molecules in Castrol's new "Startup" motor oil. I'll bite, what is a "Polarized" ester molecule. Does this imply that esters in Mobil 1 or Redline are not "polarized" ROTFLMAO. Does the world really need another marketing gimmick? What are the virtues of this oil? Is it a bit pricey at 2.89 a quart. I am waiting in anticipation for a "Turn Ignition Off" lubricant. The world also needs a "Break in" oil for vehicles with <25k miles.

quote:

I am waiting in anticipation for a "Turn Ignition Off" lubricant.

Oh ..you mean "Shutdown"? It supposedly has "alternatively polarized" esters. Now naturally polarized esters are not pure ...but new catalyst technology has allowed the refinement of the polarization process. Hence "Shutdown" can protect you engine better when it is off than any other motor oil marketed anywhere ...at any price.

Didn't you know this?
confused.gif

I don't know why you find this so funny since the topic of the polar nature of synthetic base oil esters has been discussed on here countless times. The polar nature of esters is one of the things that makes them such a good base oil. They have a tendency to cling to the metal. It's not marketing hype, it's real.

Bosons are particles with integer spin (such as spin 0,1,2), Fermions are particles with half-integer spin (such as spin 1/2)...Oh, sorry, I got carried away for a moment.
grin.gif

quote:

I don't know why you find this so funny since the topic of the polar nature of synthetic base oil esters has been discussed on here countless times. The polar nature of esters is one of the things that makes them such a good base oil. They have a tendency to cling to the metal. It's not marketing hype, it's real.

OH ..I have no knowledge of "polar" properties of esters. I do of alkalines and acids ..and some metaloids (migratory nature of particles in solution subjected to a charged field or current).

..but it was fun playing..

I hope you enjoyed the "spanking" as much as I did getting spanked (doing manly things that only men can do with other men)
grin.gif

Wouldn't detergents likely be polarized esters as well? One end is slightly charged, to make it hydrophilic, and the other is neutral, to make it hydrophobic.

I tried putting different oils on an inverted side of a spoon and I never noticed any of the oils clinging to the metal any better than the rest. They all seemed to leave very little oil on the spoon after a few hours. I tried conventional oil such as Castrol GTX, Mobil1 , Redline, Synergyn, and Castrol HM all 10w-30 weights. If there is some attraction occuring then it is happening at the very microscopic level and the amount of oil adhering to the metal is extremely small barely noticeable to the human finger. Not a scientific experiment but something I thought of trying.

quote:

Originally posted by Idrinkmotoroil:
I tried putting different oils on an inverted side of a spoon and I never noticed any of the oils clinging to the metal any better than the rest. They all seemed to leave very little oil on the spoon after a few hours. I tried conventional oil such as Castrol GTX, Mobil1 , Redline, Synergyn, and Castrol HM all 10w-30 weights. If there is some attraction occuring then it is happening at the very microscopic level and the amount of oil adhering to the metal is extremely small barely noticeable to the human finger. Not a scientific experiment but something I thought of trying.

The film is only a few molecules thick.
smile.gif
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

Originally posted by Idrinkmotoroil:

The film is only a few molecules thick.
smile.gif
smile.gif

yup I guess so, but if my finger cant notice a difference would a camshaft ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back