Poetic Justice?????

Driving back home from walking the dog on highway and got behind an Altima that was billowing smoke so bad I had to back away to see to pass. As I passed, rolled down passenger window (her's was already down in 97* heat) I told her her car is smoking bad and gonna be bad for that engine. She said, "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat". I repeated. She flipped me off and told me to have relations w/myself and took a large sip of drink x from her 80's drink bottle. Next day headed the opposite way to church saw that same white Altima dead on road side and guess what, still hasn't moved. I just wanted to help and make her aware that she may not have a car for long, oh well.

Cars are just disposable to some people.. you won't ever convince them that they should put money into a failing one.

Some people are oblivious. Others I think are in denial. They might not have means to deal with a problem, thus the problem must not exist.

Most aren't interested in what others have to say, regardless.

I pulled up next to a vehicle with a tire so flat it was smoking. He pulled over and graciously accepted my help. He had no idea his tire had blown, let alone was about the catch fire.

He also liked the headlamp I gave him. It was dark When we finished and I told him every man should have at least one light in the car or on his person, just in case.

As someone who was a state licensed emission Inspector I can absolutely attest to how crazy or oblivious some people are. A lady came in with a Volvo XC90.that she purchased from a less than stellar local car "dealership ". It was blowing smoke and wasn't close to passing emissions. Her response was "It was cheap and they needed to unload it from their lot".

As someone who was a state licensed emission Inspector I can absolutely attest to how crazy or oblivious some people are. A lady came in with a Volvo XC90.that she purchased from a less than stellar local car "dealership ". It was blowing smoke and wasn't close to passing emissions. Her response was "It was cheap and they needed to unload it from their lot".
And they saw her coming.

Smoking car. Window down in 97° weather. It seems likely that she couldn't afford to get the air conditioning fixed, let alone the engine. There may have been some resentment, misjudging your intent and feeling that you were rubbing here nose in her misfortune.

I say nothing to other drivers. Their response might be something you didn’t expect. Unfortunately that’s the state of society today.

I wasn't making fun of the lady, but the fact that she took a vehicle with major issues was a little surprising. We told her to take it back and get her money back. The cheap lot she purchased it from had multiple vehicles fail emissions.

Back