Please put a dotted line between your signature and text.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
The reason:

Sometimes it hard to tell the text from the signature, especially in dark mode. Many of our esteemed members rhetoric never changes, so it sounds just like the signature. Totally changes the meaning of some posts.

IMO YMMV

Thanks for reading

Some members have obnoxiously long signatures.
I think the forum was DSL Reports, which was homemade forum software, and one "feature" they added was if your post/comment wasn't longer than your signature, your signature wasn't displayed. It kept people from commenting "Yes" and then displaying their 400-character signature. It was pretty neat. It also was kind of a hint for people to shorten their signatures.

Please put a dotted line between your signature and text.
The forum software should do this. In fact, I think it does, but it may depend on the theme you're using.

1686856459446.jpg

It's pretty faint with the BITOG_Grey theme, but it's there. That is, unless jeepman3071 just added it after your post.

I see the demarcation line between the text body and the signature just fine in all BITOG styles on all my devices but as you wish.

Hermann, can you see the line I have added? What's your screen resolution?

Last edited:
I see the demarcation line between the text body and the signature just fine in all BITOG styles on all my devices but as you wish.

Hermann, can you see the line I have added? What's your screen resolution?
I can see your line just fine. My laptop screen is 1366 x 720p

Back