Pistachios vs. chips

As long as it's working for ya, that's all that matters (y)
As for AZ being not so good for you, I did a little research before settling on it. It replaced 95% of the diet soft drinks I had been drinking, and from their description, it's pretty innocuous.
  • No preservatives or artificial color
  • 100% natural tea, no artificial flavor
  • Vitamin C antioxidant
100% natural tea with no preservatives, artificial color or flavor.
  • Vitamin C antioxidant
  • Real brewed
  • Sweetened with Splenda
  • No calorie
  • Contains less than 1% juice
  • Shake well
  • Refrigerate after opening
. © 2011 Beverage Marketing USA, Inc.

Show More
  • Ingredients​

Premium Brewed Blend of Black Teas, Peach Juice, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Sucralose, Vitamin C, Acesulfame Potassium

Check put flavored seltzer. Zero calories, but some taste. Might do the trick. Or not. I enjoy some in the evenings while relaxing.

What's wrong with them? I'm not talking salami or bologna but 98% fat free turkey, chicken or ham.

Not water but I go through 2 gallons of Arizona Diet ice tea a week. Hydration and it stops desire for cake or cookie type goods.

Cut weight. Last few months 2/3 to 3/4 of dinner has been salad and the rest some kind of meat.
As long as you feel you are in a calorie deficit and dropping weight I would just be very mindful of the amount of snacks especially calorie packed ones such as nuts cheese and so on.

I still would focus on not snacking at all in my belief it just gives into bad habits and people have to remember you want a life changing of eating habits and exercise that’s how we maintain and keep lean not just some 6month diet thing than what you just go back to crap habits after that.

Lost about 15 pounds since September just from cutting carbs and with no actual exercise. Wouldn't mind dropping another 5 or 10 but haven't seen a lowering trend in a few weeks. Might have to kick it up a notch.
No idea of age or fitness level but even just start by simple walking but so many more benefits if you get lifting weight let’s build muscle and really kick start that metabolism.

Too many pistachios and I get a mild stomach ache

Too many pecans and I get the blistering ****z

Too many cashews and I feel like I could be on the walking dead AND I am running for the nearest porthole

All the above I can eat a few or a 1/4 cup and be fine

I eat enough macadamia nuts and it’s like fusion plasma in my chest - reading about it and it is real chewing of tissue

It’s not some kiddy allergy never have anything like anaphylaxis

Peanuts walnuts etc almonds filberts chestnuts never any problems

Been off chips and crackers for a few months as well as cookies, cake, ice cream, etc. and having pistachios instead. Not sure how smart that is after reading the label which says 170 calories a serving. That's more than the chips. And a 1 pound bag only lasts 2-3 days. Is substituting nuts for chips or other bad-for-you snacks really such a great idea?

Of course it's a great idea to stop eating processed foods and sugar and replace them with whole foods.
I eat a lot of raw macadamia nuts, soaked raw almonds, and walnuts.
Now increase your soluble fiber by eating beans every day and you will really do yourself some good.
But that's sure a step in the right direction to ditch sugar and processed foods. Chips are terrible.
Take your pick, any whole food is better than a processed food.
I probably eat ½ to 1 cup of raw nuts a day.
No peanuts though. IMHO peanuts are toxic.

I don't eat pistachios much because I tend to eat too many of them at a time.
I try to avoid addictive foods like that, that taste so good you're tempted to eat a pound at a time.

I read they tend to be high in carbs.
Yes but the benefits far outweigh the negatives with soluble fiber.
Some people make out carbs to be a bad thing but I guess to each his own.
The benefits of soluble fiber are amazing.

I love pistachios! I eat them by the bagfull! A friend of mine who's an ER doctor eats them all the time and says they're a very healthy protein source. I also eat lots of cashews (good for testosterone) and sweet plantain chips.

The only chips I eat are baked whole grain chips.

As for AZ being not so good for you, I did a little research before settling on it. It replaced 95% of the diet soft drinks I had been drinking, and from their description, it's pretty innocuous.
  • No preservatives or artificial color
  • 100% natural tea, no artificial flavor
  • Vitamin C antioxidant
100% natural tea with no preservatives, artificial color or flavor.
  • Vitamin C antioxidant
  • Real brewed
  • Sweetened with Splenda
  • No calorie
  • Contains less than 1% juice
  • Shake well
  • Refrigerate after opening
. © 2011 Beverage Marketing USA, Inc.

Show More
  • Ingredients​

Premium Brewed Blend of Black Teas, Peach Juice, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Sucralose, Vitamin C, Acesulfame Potassium
Black tea is very healthy! Loaded with antioxidants. I buy basically the HEB or Red Diamond version of what you buy. I drink a ton of that stuff!

My after meal desserts usually consist of natural peanut butter, eaten straight out of the jar with a spoon. I've been buying HEB Central Market smooth. Only one ingredient, peanuts. 😋

Take a trip to pistachio land in New Mexico.
Pistachios are bursting with the fiber, minerals, and unsaturated fat that can help keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol in check. Their fiber and protein can make you feel fuller for longer. This fiber can also have a positive effect on your gut by aiding "good" bacteria.

Back