Patman

Staff member
Many thanks to Gary Frazier for scanning them in! Here they are:

-

-

To see them up close, click here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290361607&p=4231973024&idx=2

[ April 29, 2003, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Anyone planning on doing an analysis with this?? Does anyone have specs since it seems Castrol's web site does not have anything regarding its properties? Will this oil blow away Mobil 1 0W-30 and 0W-40 oils? Is it a group III? Does it have Moly? Oh, the suspense only grows.....I'm sure this oil will bring many interesting topics and do look foward to reading them.......

I don't know why but those pics aren't coming up as big on that site as they were when they were sent to me, so you can't even read them the way they are.
frown.gif

You have to click on the images and monkey around with the sizing in your browser and then you can see them up close.

[ April 29, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

"A" for effort.

Can't make them out though, even at 640.

I see now what is meant by "red label" from the other threads.

I was imagining something totally colorful like the bottles on the German website.

My car is a Saturn with 5W30 being the preferred oil and 10W30 allowed in warm weather, and 0W30 allowed in extreme cold. Assuming that this oil is trully a good oil, can I use it in my Saturn (year round)?

Right now I'm on my 5k run with this oil. After that I will run it for 10k and do an analysis.

O and yes it can be used year round. That is what I'm going to do. Plus my 10k run will be into the summer so it's going to get nice and hot
smile.gif

Has anybody tested this oil? My car is a Saturn with 5W30 being the recommended oil and 10W30 also being allowed in warm weather and 0W30 allowed in cold weather. Could I use a 0W30 year round?

I put this oil in my sister's 99 Civic in mid March and will have it's first UOA around late June, with about 5-6k on it.

Thanks for trying, but I can't see the images on either imagstation.com (must register - no thanks) or on tripod.com (blank page). I'd be interested in seeing how the German Syntec 0W30 tests out, though, even if it's not available in the USA.

quote:

Originally posted by williar:
Thanks for trying, but I can't see the images on either imagstation.com (must register - no thanks) or on tripod.com (blank page). I'd be interested in seeing how the German Syntec 0W30 tests out, though, even if it's not available in the USA.

It is available in the USA now. Those pics that were scanned in were of bottles bought in South Carolina, at Autozone.

I was going to ask a question, but these pic answe my question for me.

FYI, the Castrol Syntec 0w-30 in all of the local SW New York State Autozone's I have checked has "made in the USA" on the back of the bottle. I was looking at it a few days ago wondering how everybody knew it was made in Germany - now I know.

[ April 30, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: medic ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back