Picked Up My First 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they don't fit in the gun with 8 rounds loaded and the slide in battery.

IMHO if they don't fit in the gun with 8 rounds loaded, they should be billed as 7-round mags, not 8-rounders.

I'm going to put in a request for Dan Wesson to replace the mags.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Well, they don't fit in the gun with 8 rounds loaded and the slide in battery.

IMHO if they don't fit in the gun with 8 rounds loaded, they should be billed as 7-round mags, not 8-rounders.

I'm going to put in a request for Dan Wesson to replace the mags.

I don't think replacing them will solve the problem. Magazine manufacturers are all different. I have some from Dawson Precision that hold 8 in the gun. Albeit you have to really press to get them in and locked.

The 8 round Wilson Combat mags that came with my S&W billboard 1911 go into it with no problem whatsoever. No extra effort or FTFs.

Very very nice DW Heritage John. I personally believe that my Dan Wesson Valkyrie is every bit as nice as my other 1911's from the likes of Baer, Wilson, and Brown.

i5x5ap.jpg

Originally Posted By: GenSan
Very very nice DW Heritage John. I personally believe that my Dan Wesson Valkyrie is every bit as nice as my other 1911's from the likes of Baer, Wilson, and Brown.

i5x5ap.jpg

Oh, wow! THAT is, as we say in Memphis, THE BIDNESS!

Absolutely love that.

Isn't that their top-of-the-line configuration of the CCO? This video review of Dan Wesson's CCO is what started my fascination with DW:

Love your VZ grips, too. I just ordered a set of the VZ Simonich Gunner grips for the Heritage.

How does she shoot? Be sure and post a few of your groups you've shot with it over in the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hogue rubber grips that come on the Heritage are actually great, from a functional standpoint - they feel good and are pretty grippy. But I wanted something different, and something with even more aggressive grip. These definitely fit the bill.

Went with VZ's take on the Simonich Gunner in Military Brown. I thought these were fitting with the pistol's intent. It's a no-frills handgun, and it'll be spending lots of time at the range.

Wkmx6Cj.jpg

NxWzkmo.jpg

1k7lmtI.jpg

Nf8d97q.jpg

Photos w/iPhone 6S

I added another Dan Wesson to my 1911 collection. I cleaned off the factory lube and used Weaponshield CLP prior to its first 500 rounds. It performed flawlessly with supplied DW mags and Sig branded 1911 mags. I own several Les Baer 1911s that are widely known to be mechanically tight from the factory but this discretion is even tighter. The discretion's tight mechanical fit makes my valkyrie look like it was fitted by an amateur.

2pqmfew.jpg

16gzz7q.jpg

That's a good lookin 1911, as all of them posted in the thread are. DWs along with Baers are some of the better deals out there for semi custom 1911s.

Originally Posted By: GenSan
I own several Les Baer 1911s that are widely known to be mechanically tight from the factory but this discretion is even tighter. The discretion's tight mechanical fit makes my valkyrie look like it was fitted by an amateur.

That's saying something! I've seen a video on how Les Baer builds his 1911's- they're machined too tight to go together and then hand fitted until they just do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back