Picked up a beater to flip

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't sell it though until you receive the new title (in your name).

Already filled this out? You have 15 days from purchase...

https://azdot.gov/docs/default-source/mvd-forms-pubs/96-0236.pdf?sfvrsn=12

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I have a $150 bid on a 96 Chevy Lumina. A little worried about that one, didn't think I'd win this one so I bid on it too. Auction is on 1/9

Yeah, you gotta be careful. Still top bidder?
Have you gone to inspect it?

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
How long does it take for them to process your photo ID? I want to bid on a vehicle ending on Weds and they still won't let me. They need to hustle up.

They're probably just backed-up from the holiday break. What are you bidding on (lot #)?

A true flipper/curbstoner never puts the car in their name, just hand the buyer the already notarized title!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
A true flipper/curbstoner never puts the car in their name, just hand the buyer the already notarized title!
grin2.gif

Copart fills everything out (sold to you); they're not going to notarize, and leave things blank.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
What's the latest?
Got a new windshield, $145. Waiting for a buddy of mine to recharge the A/C, hopefully today. $20 to charge the A/C.

Last week I put in the new control arms, $130. The bushings were absolutely toast. No more clunk up front and popping when braking. Drives silky smooth now.

I bought a new steering wheel cover for my Camry, and put the old one on the Buick. It was a bit crooked so I was turning it on the steering wheel and snap. Broke the lock for the steering column. Couldn't turn the key. My mechanic took the steering wheel off and is removing the lock, he said it'll work fine without it. $75 to fix my screw up with the steering column.

$14 hubcap from eBay is still in transit. Website still says it's expected delivery date is Friday, 1/6. They must be time travelers.

Then it's back up for sale!

I have a $150 bid on a 1996 Chevy Lumina, auction is on Monday. A little worried about that one haha.

I have a $150 bid on a 1996 Chevy Lumina, auction is on Monday. A little worried about that one haha.

What's the worst that could happen?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: supton

What's the worst that could happen?
lol.gif

Worse comes to worse and the cars a pile, could be fun to destroy it in the desert.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Looked up the car, I'm thinking desert shenanigans, lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
CL it as is for $500?
That's what I'm thinking. Pretty much what I'm doing to the Buick, as little as possible to make it decent, then sell it. But if I win the Lumina I'll do as little as possible. Probably will touch up the peeling paint with white spray paint.

Good luck, not much of a market for cars with 250k miles and potential money pit.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
I take it you didn't end up with the Lumina? Buick updates?
Fortunately I didn't win the auction for the Lumina.

The Buick is up on Craigslist for $1500 OBO. Have had a couple people text me and one call me, no one serious yet.

Here's a picture from the ad. It cleaned up pretty good on the outside

34hxd8z.jpg

How does state inspection (or emission) etc work in Arizona? Are you on the hook or do you sell it for parts and tell the buyer that the car may not pass inspection?

Around here an inspection ready and running car for $1500 would be screaming bargain.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
How does state inspection (or emission) etc work in Arizona? Are you on the hook or do you sell it for parts and tell the buyer that the car may not pass inspection?

Around here an inspection ready and running car for $1500 would be screaming bargain.
No inspection in Arizona.

A car is due for emissions every 2 years here. And if it's 1996-present model year, they just hook up a scanner to check for a check engine light. And pressure test the gas cap, that's it. You just drive there, wait in line for 5 minutes (in your car), pull up into the building and they do their scan within a couple minutes and you're done.

Hmmm, I see the ad is still up. Maybe when people get their tax refunds it will sell for asking.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Hmmm, I see the ad is still up. Maybe when people get their tax refunds it will sell for asking.
Yeah, little interest from people. Funny you say that, I've got a guy interested who is waiting for his tax refund.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
What's the process with getting a car from copart? I am 1/4 mile from one of their locations. There's interesting stuff there.
First you make an account online. You've also got to take a picture of your driver's license and submit it. Within a day or so they approve your account.

Then you place your bid on a car. You can go down and look at the cars too. Place a current bid and a max bid and just sit and wait.

If you win you get an email and you've got to pick it up within 3 days. You pay the cashier, sign a paper, get the title and keys, and you go over to the area where they bring it out on a forklift. I waited for quite some time while the forklift driver was bringing out lots of cars but mine. Eventually he stopped and asked which one I was waiting for. I showed him my papers and he brought it out for me.

Let me know if you need more help, I might have forgotten something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back