Pic from about 1990

Thats me on the right. The red car is my 1973,340 duster. We had just finished putting the 340 back it. A few weeks later lt dropped a valve and broke a piston and cylinder wall.

It sure did scoot though, After it ate the valve I put a 360 in it I built myself but it never ran like the 340 did.

The blue fender in the background was my 69 chevelle. I miss that car. It was a 2 door,6 cyl and had a 3 on the tree manual transmission.

I put a 302 Chevy in it. That was a fun car then. To this day i'm mad at myself for getting rid of it.

BTW both of these cars were $600 cars back then.

Screenshot_20240330-205335.jpg

Screenshot_20240330-151219.jpg

Thats me on the right. The red car is my 1973,340 duster. We had just finished putting the 340 back it. A few weeks later lt dropped a valve and broke a piston and cylinder wall.

It sure did scoot though, After it ate the valve I put a 360 in it I built myself but it never ran like the 340 did.

The blue fender in the background was my 69 chevelle. I miss that car. It was a 2 door,6 cyl and had a 3 on the tree manual transmission.

I put a 302 Chevy in it. That was a fun car then. To this day i'm mad at myself for getting rid of it.

BTW both of these cars were $600 cars back then.

View attachment 211337

View attachment 211338

If you didn't say 1990 I'd have thought early 1980s

nothing like being young.. photos are great to document our past and capsule good times and memories. hopefully the others in the picture are still alive and you keep in touch with them.

@Chris142 God, I miss those times………..I always said if I could go back in time, I would go back to the days when I was in my late teens or early twenties. Especially, knowing what I know now that I didn’t know then (song?)
Friends were more than friends, they were brothers…..
Things were so simpler✋😎🤚

There is something magic about a 6 cyl and a 3 speed trans. I had a 70 Challenger back in the day with the 340 quite the engine.

Nah, he looks like Emilio Estevez and his buddy, Kevin Bacon.

On topic, everyone who's ever had a 340 seems to have loved how they ran.
The 340 was quite the street engine. If a guy was cruising around on a saturday night in an SS396,GTO,390 mustang etc and lined up next to a 340 at a light he better be on his toes when the light turned green! if he was sleeping at the light or didnt take the 340 seriously he was going to be explaining to his buddies why he just got beat by a small block .

My 73 was the low compression 340 and the car with its safety stuff was heavier than the previous cars and had 3.21 gears in this pic but would still go sideways when you stood on the gas leaving a light.

Back