Photo : Motor oils available in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy my oil only at my prefered local parts store how carries Shell, Motul and Eurolub. I can find Castrol and Liqui Moly at all other parts stores around.

Since we discoverd some problems with counterfeit Shell and Mobil 1 oils here in Germany, i dont care about saving 20,- Euros at a oil change and have stopped to buy oil online. I even have checked online recently that the car parts store is listed as official dealer of the oil brand.

Better save than sorry.

That photo is from a department store shop called Alcampo in Spain. It's a French company called Auchan at France. I think Walmart or Target are similar stores

For example, Castrol 5w30 C3 is 10€ more expensive that what I can find in an auto parts shop close my house and 20€ (aprox) more expensive than buying online.

In Spain every petrol related product aren't cheap.

Current pricing on Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5L is $ 33.00 cdn, with a $ 10.00 cdn mail in rebate. That works out to about $ 23.00 cdn, or about 15 Euros for the 5L jug ...

I see why European oil change intervals are so long.

Originally Posted by Amenhotep
That photo is from a department store shop called Alcampo in Spain. It's a French company called Auchan at France. I think Walmart or Target are similar stores

For example, Castrol 5w30 C3 is 10€ more expensive that what I can find in an auto parts shop close my house and 20€ (aprox) more expensive than buying online.

In Spain every petrol related product aren't cheap.

It's not Alcampo, it's my local Carrefour.
But the prices in Alcampo are very similar

Originally Posted by Bjornviken
ato24.de

Germany have some cheap oils

Not only oil. Music, tv series pack, or technical books that are in english. Same products, half price comparing with Spain.

ato24.de

Germany have some cheap oils

Not only oil. Music, tv series pack, or technical books that are in english. Same products, half price comparing with Spain.

True

Lucky you! I've been looking high and low for Total Quartz 9000 5w40 here in the states, but it's so hard to find. Amazon has it, but it was really expensive last time I checked.

Originally Posted by BurntMusic
Lucky you! I've been looking high and low for Total Quartz 9000 5w40 here in the states, but it's so hard to find. Amazon has it, but it was really expensive last time I checked.
"Quatz 9000 Energy". One of the best for average-normal gas engines.

Repsol - Americans only hear of it since they do sponsor Honda's MotoGP team.

Total has a presence in America as well when it comes to chemicals, I think they have operations in Texas.

Originally Posted by nthach
Repsol - Americans only hear of it since they do sponsor Honda's MotoGP team.

Total has a presence in America as well when it comes to chemicals, I think they have operations in Texas.

Dr House had a Repsol Honda CBR1000 bike at the TV serie, which resemble the MotoGP design

[Linked Image from resize.over-blog.com]

Total, ELF, Gulf oils are use a lot in Spain. There are a lot of cars from French manufactures and it's the recommended oil

Good quality-price relation but I would pay to much for it.

Total, ELF, Gulf oils are use a lot in Spain. There are a lot of cars from French manufactures and it's the recommended oil

How much do you pay for mobil1 0w-40 and castrol 0w-40 in spain?

Last edited:

I use 5w30 Castrol C3 5l 47€ aprox. New Castrol 5w30 M bmw ll04 is 49€ 5l at the auto parts I usually go. It isn't the cheaper place but they has 10-service lines so if I leave the office on time, I don't need to go on Saturday to do the maintenance, so I can do it in a free week evening, even without booking

As for Castrol 0w40 5l, amazon.es is 35€, checking in a Spanish e-commerce is 43,50€. So I expect 50€ at the auto parts I usually go

If you want to pay more, you can go Norauto, Midas, Euromaster so 5l would be around 60-65€. Even more at Alcampo, Carrefour or El Corte Inglés, similar to Stockmann at Helsinki, price could be 65-70€.

I use 5w30 Castrol C3 5l 47€ aprox. New Castrol 5w30 M bmw ll04 is 49€ 5l at the auto parts I usually go. It isn't the cheaper place but they has 10-service lines so if I leave the office on time, I don't need to go on Saturday to do the maintenance, so I can do it in a free week evening, even without booking

As for Castrol 0w40 5l, amazon.es is 35€, checking in a Spanish e-commerce is 43,50€. So I expect 50€ at the auto parts I usually go

If you want to pay more, you can go Norauto, Midas, Euromaster so 5l would be around 60-65€. Even more at Alcampo, Carrefour or El Corte Inglés, similar to Stockmann at Helsinki, price could be 65-70€.

ok🙂. The new Castrol edge 5w-30M havent arrived yet in stores overhere.

More than in Finland for sure, i'm born and raised in Mallorca, Spain but my parents are Finnish
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lowflyer
"Quatz 9000 Energy". One of the best for average-normal gas engines.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. You mean like a non-performance engine?

Originally Posted by kschachn
You're going to be waiting forever for a response from Lowflyer since he got banned from the site.

hahaha okay
lol.gif

Thanks for letting me know
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back