Pet lovers, how does your pet get their water?

OIP.s0azUmuJ80Tdu_t4LAgkXgHaE3
My pet pours his own drinks. :LOL:

Two water bowls. Refilled at least daily. I refill one when I come home. Snowball likes cold, fresh water.

One is on the floor, one is on the counter. I say FILL them up, to the top; Mom says "halfway." I don't see a need for the elevated bowls, they can use the ones on the floor just fine.. Snowball seems to prefer then one on the counter. Maybe we put the fountain there. They would love that. Always fresh water..

20230501_184954.jpg
20230501_185001.jpg

Seriously thinking of getting a recirculating pet fountain. I think they all would drink more water that way. The hot months are ahead. Any recommendations on exact models? Maybe one three cats can use..

Two water bowls. Refilled at least daily. I refill one when I come home. Snowball likes cold, fresh water.

One is on the floor, one is on the counter. I say FILL them up, to the top; Mom says "halfway." I don't see a need for the elevated bowls, they can use the ones on the floor just fine.. Snowball seems to prefer then one on the counter. Maybe we put the fountain there. They would love that. Always fresh water..

View attachment 153730View attachment 153731

Seriously thinking of getting a recirculating pet fountain. I think they all would drink more water that way. The hot months are ahead. Any recommendations on exact models? Maybe one three cats can use..
There are many varied styles.

Considering that our dog will lick spilled water(or even his own vomit..) off the floor I’ve never seen the need for anything fancy. He has a stainless steel bowl( Amazon Basics brand) that gets tap water. I care more about making sure he always has some. I do dump and rinse at least once a day as it can get a bit nasty.

We do sometimes put a few ice cubes in it, especially when we’ve been out for a walk in hot weather.

Often in the summer too I’ll put out a second bowl as much as anything so that I don’t have to get up and refill as often.

Years ago my parents had a fountain for the cat and she loved it. It would get nasty pretty quickly though. I took it apart and bleached it a few times as it had so much mold/bacteria build up that it dribbled more than shot out a nice stream.

Whatever we do, our dog is still going to end up with more on the floor than in his mouth, so again why bother.

Reactions: wlk
My bride calls it our "gerbil waterer". It is a little nib that fits on a Y on our hose bib on the side of the house. The bib stays "on" all the time. It seals when nobody is touching it, but flows water when disturbed. Any time either of our two dogs want a drink, they just walk up to the bib, and suck from the nib...unlimited fresh and clean water.

In the winter they drink from a heated plastic farm bowl we fill every morning with a fresh gallon of faucet water.

They are inside dogs, but drink like slobs, so we keep drinking opportunities for when they are outside. My bride works from home, so they are out often.

Out on the farm, we had a dog who preferred drinking out of our 2 1/2 acre lake. He had little desire to ever drink tap water out of a bowl. Of course, it always got him an extra shot when he went to to veterinarian... something to protect him from drinking lake water all of the time.

Tap water with teeth cleaner stuff in it in a plastic bowl inside the house for the dogs. Cat has a stainless bowl up high on a dresser with her food- keeps dogs from eating her food. The cat doesn't like the teeth stuff in the dogs water. Can't keep the dogs out of our goldfish and koi ponds when they are outside. They also like the creek water outback as well.

My cat gets fresh filtered water in her stainless bowl every morning along with a refill of her food.

Got a 500(ish)L rainwater tank in the back veranday, which provides our drinking water (through a ceramic filter)...I ran a tank overflow into a 40(ish) litre cut off plastic barrel.

Every morning I grab a gallon of water for the filter and straight unfiltered into the kettle...then top up the internal water bowls (stainless).

Back