Do you have any water features in your yard?

I have the water fountain shown below. I like the sound , look and the birds playing in it. I also love, ponds, waterfalls, little streams etc.

Do you guys have anything in your yard you enjoy?

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_074036.jpg
    IMG_20220621_074036.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 30
Ceramic Birdbath / Fountain / Whatever..... Bought it to replace the crumbling, crappy old concrete one that came with the house. The old pump it had made more noise than a 11 yard concrete truck. This one is nice and quiet, and has some kind of LED light / doohickey inside the globe that twinkles and looks nice at night.

The excitement lasted about 15 minutes, before we got sick of adding water to it 3 times a day.... Along with calcium buildup, and the Starlings, Doves, and Quail crapping all over, and in it. So we drained and cleaned it. Now it just sits there empty and looks nice.

eL0FClj.jpg

If it rains more than a inch, there is a 2 ft wide river than flows for several days, through the low spot in the backyard. Always a pleasant surprise when you forget and your feet get soaked.

I had a leaky water main once, does that count?
We have a garden hose set at a slow drip in a large rubber water bowl for the chickens, dogs, and cats, etc...:rolleyes:

Down the hill we have a smallish 18' deep trout pond for swimming, skating, and seeing all the wildlife that loves trout! Best money we've spent at our place.

Does the well right by the sidewalk count? :D

But, no, no water features, just a drainage ditch on the neighbors property that I hope never gets water...

Have a stream with frogs. Wife did put some sort of solar powered fountain in a little pool that the stream has.

We have a garden hose set at a slow drip in a large rubber water bowl for the chickens, dogs, and cats, etc...:rolleyes:

Down the hill we have a smallish 18' deep trout pond for swimming, skating, and seeing all the wildlife that loves trout! Best money we've spent at our place.
Nice!

Does a pool count?99.9% of the time no one uses it. Wife had to have it, so it’s there.
Maybe? I haven't opened mine in a couple years. I rarely used it and wife's health issues stopped
Does a pool count?99.9% of the time no one uses it. Wife had to have it, so it’s there.
Maybe? haven't opened mine in a couple years. I rarely used it. Wife's health issues killed her use of it.

Does a pool count? 99.9% of the time no one uses it. Wife had to have it, so it’s there.

Ahh yes, pool ownership. Most every pool owner I've ever come across says the same thing. Back in 1997 when we moved into the last house had, we both wanted a pool. (Neither of us ever had one). So we went ahead and put in a nice Pebble Tech pool, with the automatic Caretaker in ground floor cleaning system with the pop up heads, and a nice rock waterfall.

The first year we were in it most every day throughout the Summer. The next year I would say we averaged about once a week during the weekend. The year after that, once a month..... Maybe.

By the third year we were lucky if we went in 3 times all year. After that almost never. But the cost and maintenance never stopped. Buying heavy, never ending buckets of chlorine tablets, acid, PH testing strips. Constantly cleaning and backwashing filters. Scrubbing calcium off tiles. Replacing pumps and filters. Name it.

When we sold the place 3 years ago the pool was in good shape, and the real estate agent said it really helped in both the sale itself, and the price. (The new buyers wanted a pool badly). I'm guessing right about now they're wishing the thing didn't exist.

Today there are actually places in the Phoenix area that will fill in your pool, and cover it with concrete, and build a deck over it. Their business is thriving. The 2 greatest days in owning a pool, are like the 2 greatest days in boating..... The day you buy it. And the day you sell it.

The problem with the pool is you have to sell the house along with it.

Back