Do you have any water features in your yard?

Ahh yes, pool ownership. Most every pool owner I've ever come across says the same thing. Back in 1997 when we moved into the last house had, we both wanted a pool. (Neither of us ever had one). So we went ahead and put in a nice Pebble Tech pool, with the automatic Caretaker in ground floor cleaning system with the pop up heads, and a nice rock waterfall.

The first year we were in it most every day throughout the Summer. The next year I would say we averaged about once a week during the weekend. The year after that, once a month..... Maybe.

By the third year we were lucky if we went in 3 times all year. After that almost never. But the cost and maintenance never stopped. Buying heavy, never ending buckets of chlorine tablets, acid, PH testing strips. Constantly cleaning and backwashing filters. Scrubbing calcium off tiles. Replacing pumps and filters. Name it.

When we sold the place 3 years ago the pool was in good shape, and the real estate agent said it really helped in both the sale itself, and the price. (The new buyers wanted a pool badly). I'm guessing right about now they're wishing the thing didn't exist.

Today there are actually places in the Phoenix area that will fill in your pool, and cover it with concrete, and build a deck over it. Their business is thriving. The 2 greatest days in owning a pool, are like the 2 greatest days in boating..... The day you buy it. And the day you sell it.

The problem with the pool is you have to sell the house along with it.

Pretty much the same - and this year the chemical prices are outrageous

Pretty much the same - and this year the chemical prices are outrageous
I noticed that as well. I went to our local Lowe's here in town, and noticed that a large bucket of 3" chlorine tablets were priced at $200.00! The last bucket I bought a little over 3 years ago was less than half that.

Reactions: 4WD
I have a pond in my backyard with 2 aerators. I’d like a fountain eventually, but we’ll see.

Ahh yes, pool ownership. Most every pool owner I've ever come across says the same thing. Back in 1997 when we moved into the last house had, we both wanted a pool. (Neither of us ever had one). So we went ahead and put in a nice Pebble Tech pool, with the automatic Caretaker in ground floor cleaning system with the pop up heads, and a nice rock waterfall.

The first year we were in it most every day throughout the Summer. The next year I would say we averaged about once a week during the weekend. The year after that, once a month..... Maybe.

By the third year we were lucky if we went in 3 times all year. After that almost never. But the cost and maintenance never stopped. Buying heavy, never ending buckets of chlorine tablets, acid, PH testing strips. Constantly cleaning and backwashing filters. Scrubbing calcium off tiles. Replacing pumps and filters. Name it.

When we sold the place 3 years ago the pool was in good shape, and the real estate agent said it really helped in both the sale itself, and the price. (The new buyers wanted a pool badly). I'm guessing right about now they're wishing the thing didn't exist.

Today there are actually places in the Phoenix area that will fill in your pool, and cover it with concrete, and build a deck over it. Their business is thriving. The 2 greatest days in owning a pool, are like the 2 greatest days in boating..... The day you buy it. And the day you sell it.

The problem with the pool is you have to sell the house along with it.
Summed up nicely. I spend so much time cleaning and adding chemicals, checking…. I’m sick of it when I have time to actually use it.

About ten or more right now. Male and female, all mallards. Too lazy to fly south. They'll soon jump in the lake, but before doing so, they will leave their calling cards all over the sidewalk and patio.

1665411787565.png
Would these count? That is all I have that could be considered a water feature.

Theres a bog just past my property line at the bottom of the hill, the deer seem to like it especially in the winter.

In our previous home we had a hot tub, and previous to that a small pond with Koi fish. Since we have moved into our current home, we opted for a salt water hot tub...best extra cash you could spend if you are in the market. The upkeep is so much easier, and the water is so much better for your skin.

After a year of record rain, and nearly 3 months still to go (One local dam has had 5 floods of record in 18 months), my back yard is a swamp...if that's a feature, then yes, I have a water feature.

Back