Permanent DST (Daylight Savings Time)

Well time is really a man made thing. It doesn't really exist in nature. It could probably be thought of as just increasing entropy.
That's completely contrary to any science, if you believe that then you have to also believe that length, mass, velocity and everything else is a human construct. Every piece of research shows that in accordance with general relativity, time is a basic property of the universe. It can be measured and manipulated just like all the rest.

started at the turn of the century (1800) I think it fits for a modern federation (individuals get to choose). Just passed the Senat, I think, it comes up often. Originally for farmers (I think) it is less so now (commuting parents and school kids) as most farms seem multi-nat who run train like tractors guided by GPS, one-man run for a salary. Being the senate I think along these same corporate lines and say "What is in it for the moneyed interests?" I - w a y down the other end of the spectrum - like the modulating effect on the extremes at the 2 ends of the year. New England is a bit hi above the Tropic of C tho so it is even more extreme here than say Fla, AZ, HI.

My 4 year old daughter has severe (level 3) autism. She has a very strict schedule/routine with her wakeup, meals, bath, and bedtime at exactly the same time everyday. Her mind is on her biological clock so every time the time changes, it's about 2 weeks of hell getting her to adapt. This whole week, I wake her up at 7am, like usual, but it's 6am in her mind and she's not having any of it. It's a meltdown every morning getting her to wake up and get her dressed for school. Going to a permanent time schedule is a godsend.

Back