People are SO stupid and inconsiderate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Do you want people to have a blowout and cause traffic accident, that may kill them as well as other innocent people on the road? Is it really better than vandalism?

Loosen them off a full turn and there won't be much air left in the tires by the time you drive away. There's no way they'll be driving away on four completely flat tires.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Parking 40 miles out is a sign to some people that makes them want to mess with you. Of course there was no reason to park on top of you. They knew that which is why they did it.

You brought this on yourself to some extent. Might as well put a huge neon sign saying, "Don't Mess With My Truck". All that does is convince the creeps of the world to jerk your chain. Look what that action attracts; not the nice, polite people, right?

Thankfully I don't get those reactions up here! Usually if someone does park next to me, it's someone that looks after their car too. Maybe most of the donkeys up here are too lazy to walk that far for a thrill...lol

Now I can almost see messing with the people that take up 2-4 prime spots near the door, in fact probably have in years gone by...
blush.gif
but it has to be a pretty backward mind to go out of their way to be a donkey!

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Originally Posted By: Lurch
Nope. I totally disagree. That person damaged nothing. He did a totally legal act. Taking the law into your own hands is wrong, whether you get caught or not, and if you do, you will get a well deserved fine and a police record.

I also disagree with suggestions of vandalism. But loosening off the valve cores isn't vandalism to me. All they need is a valve tool and a compressor and they're back on the road without property damage.

Deflating someone's tires is vandalism and "vehicle tampering." After all, you are tampering with someone's property without their consent. Don't believe me? Ask a law expert.

There is no law against someone parking in the spot next to you. If they block you, you should take the proper course of action, which does not include vengence.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-07...yland-judiciary

Most inconsiderate one I've seen is with regards to my sister.

She's paraplegic, and has a roof mounted wheelchair hoist (read glaringly obvious)...came out from Lifeline one Saturday night (she does volunteer telephone counseling), and there was some fool parked in her disabled space, about a foot from her driver's door.

1AM, alone in a carpark, she decided to crawl through her hatchback, and drag the chain in after her...as she tried to crawl between the two front seats, she broke her femur and ended up in hospital.

Post script...a few weeks later, she was shopping, and all the disabled spots were filled, mostly without permits...she parked in a Doctor's spot, which was wide enough, and got a ticket. She photographed the non permitted cars in the disabled spot that didn't have tickets, her car with ticket, her broken leg story, and went to court...and lost...she wasn't a doctor, pure and simple.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Most inconsiderate one I've seen is with regards to my sister.

She's paraplegic, and has a roof mounted wheelchair hoist (read glaringly obvious)...came out from Lifeline one Saturday night (she does volunteer telephone counseling), and there was some fool parked in her disabled space, about a foot from her driver's door.

1AM, alone in a carpark, she decided to crawl through her hatchback, and drag the chain in after her...as she tried to crawl between the two front seats, she broke her femur and ended up in hospital.

Post script...a few weeks later, she was shopping, and all the disabled spots were filled, mostly without permits...she parked in a Doctor's spot, which was wide enough, and got a ticket. She photographed the non permitted cars in the disabled spot that didn't have tickets, her car with ticket, her broken leg story, and went to court...and lost...she wasn't a doctor, pure and simple.

Blocking a parking space for the disabled will get the car towed in no time here. Tow trucks are circling like vultures.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

35.gif

The link I posted isn't working. Excerpts from the linked article:

Quote:
5-day unpaid suspension for judge accused of tampering with car

The Maryland Court of Appeals has ordered a five-day unpaid suspension for a Charles County judge accused of letting the air out of car tire belonging to a woman who was a cleaning worker at the courthouse in La Plata.

Two sheriff's deputies reported that they saw Circuit Judge Robert C. Nalley letting the air out of the right rear tire of a Toyota on Aug. 10, 2009. The judge explained that he was annoyed at the woman for having parked in a restricted area of the courthouse.

Nalley was cited for tampering with a vehicle and pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge. He was fined $500, ordered to apologize to Jean Washington, the owner of the car, and placed on six months of unsupervised probation before judgment.

The appeals court's ruling revealed Nalley's admission that he had let the air out of someone else's tire about 10 years ago. The court concluded that the judge's conduct in the more recent case "raised a serious safety issue by potentially endangering the life of the driver of the auto, who might have driven the auto without realizing the tire was flat."

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Ex Army Sarge here, And I know you cant fix stupid.

But maybe you can beat it into submission!!!
mad.gif

John

John, being angry about you have in the end very little control over only gets you killed, hurt or worse
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back