People are SO stupid and inconsiderate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tahoes are pretty big vehicles. Driver probably isn't able to judge the passenger side spacing when parking. Solution--get a smaller vehicle, poor parker.

I once pulled into a state park on a weekday morning. Parking lot totally empty. Left the driver side door open while I stretched. I wasn't even parked near anything, and this idiot pulls up and HONKS THE HORN at me to close the door so he could park next to me. WHAAAAT? There's 50 empty spaces. People are so stupid.

John

I ,too ,have had idiots park very close to me when there were two hundred seventy-six empty spots to choose from .It truly is a magnetic influence ,they figure 'hey.. this guy must know something',and they park right up against you...

Ex Army Sarge here, And I know you cant fix stupid.

Some things in life you just better walk away from while heading towards better things......

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
As far as the paintballs, he did say they were frozen, so probably not much (if any) splatter.

Dings are so much better. Would be funny if he hit his own car.

No harm was done? It's no one's business what that person was thinking?

Huh?

Having to climb over your console is ridiculous. If I had to do that, it would be really difficult and painful for me, and I would probably damage something in my car in the process.

I would have gone back into the restaurant and had them beckon the idiot. And then I'd follow that person out to make them move the thing. I have no problem making a scene. I'm not going to play monkey in my car just because I crossed paths with a slob who has a brain the size of a raisin.

Anyone who would park that close to you is an idiot who needs an attitude adjustment--especially if they did it on purpose, but even if they did it just because they're the typical aloof moron.

And messing with someone just because they care about their car and realize that there are idiots aplenty is ridiculous.

I drive a Sonata, but I try parking it defensively. Oh, is that silly, you say? I disagree. I've been driving over a quarter century and I've never damaged another vehicle in a parking lot, and I don't expect my vehicles to get damaged.

I had a guy hit his door against my truck once, while I was walking out of NAPA. I said to him you just hit my door and he got confrontational about it. I had my wife with me so I diffused the situation and he walked inside. But... He made the mistake of leaving his window down. My entire 64oz Coke product went flying with a grand splash over his seats and dash. If he had just apologized, I'd have overlooked it.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Ex Army Sarge here, And I know you cant fix stupid.

But maybe you can beat it into submission!!!
mad.gif

John

Originally Posted By: jimbeamalki
Tahoes are pretty big vehicles. Driver probably isn't able to judge the passenger side spacing when parking. Solution--get a smaller vehicle, poor parker.

I agree with this, and also with the earlier post that the driver was most likely female. Rare is the female driver who can safely judge the boundaries of a large vehicle without assigning several "spotters" to make sure she doesn't bump something.

Originally Posted By: glum
No harm was done? It's no one's business what that person was thinking?

Huh?

Having to climb over your console is ridiculous. If I had to do that, it would be really difficult and painful for me, and I would probably damage something in my car in the process.

I would have gone back into the restaurant and had them beckon the idiot. And then I'd follow that person out to make them move the thing. I have no problem making a scene. I'm not going to play monkey in my car just because I crossed paths with a slob who has a brain the size of a raisin.

Anyone who would park that close to you is an idiot who needs an attitude adjustment--especially if they did it on purpose, but even if they did it just because they're the typical aloof moron.

And messing with someone just because they care about their car and realize that there are idiots aplenty is ridiculous.

I drive a Sonata, but I try parking it defensively. Oh, is that silly, you say? I disagree. I've been driving over a quarter century and I've never damaged another vehicle in a parking lot, and I don't expect my vehicles to get damaged.
thumbsup2.gif
I like this guy.

This reminds me of something I saw at Starbucks once, a car was parked in the handicapped
spot out front and someone squeezed their car into the cross-hatched area next to it.
The driver of the first car came in and in a loud voice says "whoever parked the red Subaru
out front, you've got 10 seconds to move it before I accidentally hit it on my way out", and the
owner sheepishly got out of line to go move her car. That's when the fun started, the first
woman read her the riot act on their way out, the last thing I heard was "those lines are there to
make it easier for people like me to get in and out of our vehicles, not to give you a
convenient parking spot!"

Originally Posted By: DrDusty86
I caught a guy leaning against my car drinking a beer at my apartment complex. I yelled as it was about 50 or 60 yards away.....#$#$# $^%^ ^$%^^^ the %^%^ do you think you are doing? He didn't acknowledge me, so I went and go some frozen paintballs from my freezer and a full Co2 tank I had. I LET him have it.... he fell to his knees, then to his face and crawled away....... Turns out he didn't even speak or understand English....uuuuhhh thats not my problem... I HATE living here, this [censored] goes on daily. FYI the city sucks. I'm born and raised country and will be going back when I'm done with school.

You're lucky not to be in jail on felony assault charges.

I admit to losing my temper a few months ago. It was late evening and I pulled into a parking spot at the grocer store. Before I could even get my door open, a big Ford SUV pulls up next to the drivers side of my Dad's old beater Blazer I was driving. About maybe 10 inches from the driver's side door and a young snooty little 20 something woman gets out, blabbing about on her cell phone so focused on herself that she probably could have been hit head first with a baseball bat and not seen it coming. I had to crawl out the passenger side. When I got back, I smacked her mirror shut, and slammed my driver side door so hard into here door.............well, you get the picture.

Sorry, I don't care about the paint on my 230,000 mile beater vehicle and she needed to get a clue.

I've come across many inconsiderate-type drivers growing up in South Jersey.

One summer I was pulling my Sequoia into a parking space filled with 6 of my family members, to celebrate my BIL's graduation from medical residency training. The town was Voorhees, NJ and we had reservations for a party of 20 at this Coconut Bay restaurant.

The closest parking spot to the entrance of the restaurant was about 10 spaces away.

So I pulled into a spot that was just beside an island with some trees, a man wearing a beanie talking with his GF, and his MB SLK that was parked not in a parking space but perpendicular with the island that he was on.

We all walked out of my car and I heard this man say "out of all the parking spaces why did you have to park right beside us?"

I said EXCUSE ME!!!!??? with my head turned away from him as I stopped walking and he said it again "out of all the parking spaces why did you have to park right beside us"?

I briskly walked up to him within a yard or so, looked him straight in the eyes and yelled well I didn't see a reserved parking spot that read RESERVED for pompous-Jewish guy wearing a beanie who can't park his SLK properly like everyone else.

My family and I all laughed and walked away.

A nearby Voorhees police car was patrolling the area and I flagged her down and informed her of this man with his illegally parked MB SLK. She quickly pulled up behind his car blocking him in and issued him a ticket.

I walked back to my car to move it (fearing retribution from this guy, keying car or slashing my tires) and looked at the guy and told him learn to park and mind your own business next time as I laughed.

This thread has gone downhill since people high jacked it with their personal opinion on racial profiling, illegal immigration, violent confrontation, welfare, etc.

What does that have to do with people don't know how to park or intentionally bully people with an SUV?

Back when I had my F-250, my wife and I lived in an apartment building, and were rather good friends with the landlord. There was a woman upstairs who was constantly making trouble for everybody. Making noise complaints about people flushing the toilet at midnight, people watching TV too loud, and when the landlord gave us a 2nd parking space to use for my wife's car, she took issue with that as well. So, she started parking in my spot.

This didn't go over well as I'm sure you can imagine. So, she had a friend over, who she had park in her spot, and then parked her truck in my spot. I came home from work, saw her truck there, and lost it. I got my set of chains out of the back of the truck and proceeded to hook her little half-ton Chev up to the back of my F-250 with the intention of dragging it out to the road and leaving it there.

Well, about half-way through this, the landlord comes out and asks me what in the heck I'm doing! I tell him "moving her truck, she's in my spot" and since he was intimately familiar with the situation he said he would have her move it and for me to calm down. So I unhooked the chains, parked the truck over on his side, and waited for her to move her vehicle.

He exercised his own little taste of revenge on her. Enough things inexplicably went "wrong" that she ended up moving out after a few months. It was a great relief to everyone in the building.

Though we bought a house and move out many years ago, I still keep in touch with him, as he was always good to us, and a good friend as well.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Nope. I totally disagree. That person damaged nothing. He did a totally legal act. Taking the law into your own hands is wrong, whether you get caught or not, and if you do, you will get a well deserved fine and a police record.

I also disagree with suggestions of vandalism. But loosening off the valve cores isn't vandalism to me. All they need is a valve tool and a compressor and they're back on the road without property damage.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
I also disagree with suggestions of vandalism. But loosening off the valve cores isn't vandalism to me. All they need is a valve tool and a compressor and they're back on the road without property damage.

Do you want people to have a blowout and cause traffic accident, that may kill them as well as other innocent people on the road? Is it really better than vandalism?

Calling the restaurant manager to ask the bad driver to come out to move the car should be enough trouble to get him not to do it again, and embarrass them enough in front of the public and the restaurant owner.

If the owner isn't found, call a tow truck to tow it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back