Angled parking with one-way rows....why do people pull through?

I tend not to pull through because if I do some "smart" person will pull right upto the back of my vehicle and I cant load the groceries in the hatch easily.
Yes - I don't do pull throughs when I need to load for that reason.

I pulled through this morning at Publix, but at the end of the parking lot where there's lots of room and visibilty, yet I still had some brodozer park near me when I got out, 🤷‍♂️ Really?

Dude at work parks his EV that way, because the charge cord won't reach otherwise (it's one charger per 2 spots, so some days he gets the spot near the charger and can pull in forward, other days no). If you think this is a legacy, retrofit problem, think again. Work spent about 1 year putting in the chargers and restriping the lot.

Seeing cars coming from the right is easy and so is making a left turn into the lane. Backing out with the top up I'd have to rely mostly on my backup camera.

Why do people drive the wrong way down these aisles?
Mostly it's due to cognitive dissonance upon seeing a directional arrow on the road, a one-way sign, or the word Exit. For others, it s a challenge. I always love it when a counterflow offender comes toward me and expects me to move over.

Why, because I can.
I am one that tends to back into parking spots. Safer and easier IMO.
Only parking lot around me with diagonal parking is a 2 way isle, so no issues with me pulling out.

I've pulled into (and parked) in a few angled spots only to get the evil eye from the person in the "other" spot, who apparently has just loaded their car and was about to leave (and was planning to pull through). Tough beans, should have loaded your groceries three second faster!

If I park a company owned vehicle in a pull-in back-out parking spot and get caught, I get written up. Company owned vehicles are ONLY to be parked in pull-through parking spots, period. If you have to park in a spot where you pull out going the wrong direction, then so be it. Supposedly, you are something like 99% more likely to be involved in an accident if you back out vs pulling out of a parking spot.

In 22 years, I have never driven a company owned vehicle, but I am trained to do so. :cool:

Easier to make sure your fully in the space using Back up cam.

I hate angled parking. It’s somewhat rare though, WalMart for sure, but as mentioned lanes usually 2 way.

If I park a company owned vehicle in a pull-in back-out parking spot and get caught, I get written up. Company owned vehicles are ONLY to be parked in pull-through parking spots, period. If you have to park in a spot where you pull out going the wrong direction, then so be it. Supposedly, you are something like 99% more likely to be involved in an accident if you back out vs pulling out of a parking spot.

In 22 years, I have never driven a company owned vehicle, but I am trained to do so. :cool:
100% agree and it's why I always pull through when possible for perpendicular spaces. However, angled parking with 1-way rows are not intended for it is the point of the post. You can certainly do it but it's awkward as it's not designed for it, worse in larger vehicles.

I notice this a lot at a grocery near my house...one-way rows in the parking lot with angled parking. Angled parking that you pull into is supposed to alleviate some of the issues with backing out of standard parking spaces as you can more clearly see and it's safer as cars are only coming one way. I love pull-throughs in normal parking lots (spaces perp to the row with 2-way traffic on the row) and usually do so far away to avoid door dings, accidents, etc. Why do folks do this in lots with angled parking? You can still pull out and make the wide turn if you do pull through to go the correct direction but seems like more of a PITA if you have a truck/larger vehicle and to boot, many go the wrong way down the row when they pull out. Do you pull-through in angled parking like this?
Someone did this the other day in our parking lot here at the college....when the parking lot was like 99% capacity. Ffs idiot

I saw this in Florida, FT. Myers area SWFI at Publix. Confused me for a few seconds as we don't have this around where I live.
Also I didn't appreciate one way it 1/2 of the aisle ways force you to drive around the front of the store - which I try to avoid for myriad reasons.

Also being an old drunk from back in the 80's, you always back into the Pub lot spot sober then later, drive out straight and toasted.

All for safety's sake :)

:sneaky:

f5q8GBG.jpg

If you don't pull through in a pickup truck those in a large SUV or another pickup with back in to your tail gate and dent it. It happens ALL THE TIME at the LOCAL WALMART.

I pull through, but always park away from people. If I go the wrong direction, it’s short lived and nobody is around.

My biggest gripe is when people cut across rows to go from point a to b in a parking lot. You could get t boned just by driving down an aisle.

Back