Pennzoil YB vs Valvoline Max Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know both of these oils rock. But - which one is better, cleaner, quieter, or lasts longer and why? Discussion.

Flip a coin. Either oil if not extended to some crazy extended OCI like 10-15k miles will take your car to 500k miles without a problem from motor oil. Your engine will likely die by then from something totally unrelated to an oil if the oil is changed regularly with good oil like PYB or MaxLife.

End of discussion. That was easy, wasn't it?

I thought it was you needed a rock for brains to buy Max Junk. That makes the discussion easy. Use PYB.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I thought it was you needed a rock for brains to buy Max Junk. That makes the discussion easy. Use PYB.

You can't find me one bad UOA with any Valvoline oil. Promise you.

Oh the irony: I am just about to change out PYB for the red bottle high mileage valvoline. Hope it isn't such a bad product - trying to "fix" a weepy rear main seal in my 2000 dodge neon.

Originally Posted By: rw19
really?

Yes really. How does this pedantic one word response add to the discussion? If you don't like it leave. I'm sick of folks like you.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

Wow the IQ in this thread is astonishing.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

End of discussion. That was easy, wasn't it?

I was looking for a friendly discussion not necessarily a quick answer.

On The same Note - There's an insane amount of jaded responses in this thread. I don't understand it. If you don't like it don't participate!

In all seriousness, I would choose Maxlife. It has a robust add pack, contains conditioners and is a syn blend (although PYB may be a mix from time to time as well). They are similarly priced in my area, so it's a no brainer to me.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
In all seriousness, I would choose Maxlife. It has a robust add pack, contains conditioners and is a syn blend (although PYB may be a mix from time to time as well). They are similarly priced in my area, so it's a no brainer to me.

Thank you Zaedock.

it's not like you could go wrong with either. Both are good to go!! I use the maxlife ATF in all 4 vehicles in my sig with no issues. I usually go for PYB for dino motor oil though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back