Pennzoil Ultra Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Cleans out over 35% of the sludge left behind by Pennzoil Platinum.
It should come with a douche so that it really stands out on the shelf.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Originally Posted By: MoparDak05
Originally Posted By: Johnny
You guy are crazy. Driving through a snow storm just to buy an oil.

It may sound even stranger that I rather enjoy driving in the snow.
19.gif

I like the way you Roll. nothing stopping you when the eye is on the prize.

I paid 6.97 a QT for it, but mike found the jugs for 28.00. Thats the best price seen so far.

I'm confident the price will come down slightly. I'm sure Sopus will offer a good rebate program shortly

Where did you find it at?

Walmart in Santan valley, AZ

Originally Posted By: panthermike
It does have a drain plug but non magent, BUT it does when I put neodidium on the plug
19.gif

Nice, I contemplated putting a PML unit on the Ranger, but don't think I can justify it. A PML trans pan OTOH.... :)

Mike, you may check with Hughes and see if they have a pan for the ranger. Their pans are similar to the PML with no coating, added capacity and drain plug. I have 1 on my superduty. I believe it should cost a little less then the PML and deffinetly less then a mag hytech

Originally Posted By: Tim H.
Not show more info, just show some catch phrase like '9X better wear protection' or something like that.
9X better I'll have to buy some.

Why not? It's just marketing. The marketing people that do that silly stuff have nothing to do with Pennzoil's amazing engineers that create the product. If a product is good and you like it and has the right price, why give a monkey's hiney about marketing slogans?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: Tim H.
Not show more info, just show some catch phrase like '9X better wear protection' or something like that.
9X better I'll have to buy some.

crackmeup2.gif

You rock Steve S!

My guess is they'll push it during the Daytona 500. I guess Superbowl ads were just too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I hope they don't go with the 10X better [censored] either. What a turn off.

They all do it marketing X number here versus Y. Just waiting for real world application to have an opinion on the oil. I've realized oils are just better today could be total overkill but the consumer has more choices too.

They need to in some way make this oil suitable for longer drain intervals to compete with the others.

Well Guys i'm proud to say I'm the first BITOGer to have this in a vehicle. The last service was a nice does of redline that really quieted down the 5.4. I'm happy to announce that the Pennzoil Ultra made the engine as equally quiet. All i can hear is the injectors tick. This isn't scientific by any means but is a good sign. It is much quieter then when it was on PP.

Filter used Bosch 3410

Last edited:
Well Guys i'm proud to say I'm the first BITOGer to have this in a vehicle. The last service was a nice does of redline that really quieted down the 5.4. I'm happy to announce that the Pennzoil Ultra made the engine as equally quiet. All i can hear is the injectors tick. This isn't scientific by any means but is a good sign. It is much quieter then when it was on PP.

Filter used Bosch 3410

You beat me to it. I was at Wallymart today and saw it on the shelf, so I decided to try it. It will be going in my MGM (Grand Marquis) but probably not until next week.
I've been using PP, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Frankly I'm not expecting much difference, but it's worth the try! :)
Maybe with Ultra I can break my record of 30.06 MPG on the freeway!
crackmeup2.gif

Filter used Bosch 3410

Change your sig. then

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
16 pages...all about one product, people risking their safety?? Sheesh...lol

Don't forget about the other four or five threads started about the same thing, plus one or two that have already been locked. Just think, a week or so ago no one even knew anything about this and old Ted in Anchorage tells us he saw it in the back room of his Wal Mart, then the firestorm begin. Heck, it's not even officially released yet.

I agree, it's crazy

The question is will NON-BITOG types see any distinction between this and Pennzoil Platinum. Regardless of whether or not it's great oil, it will be hard not to be another Castrol Edge.

I think it would have been a much smarter to market this under the Shell brand name. America fills up at Shell gas stations and associates the name with Top Tier gasoline. Even before it was so called. Mobil gasoline is not even seen that way. Use that to your advantage for God sake.

Since the marketing/branding/advertising is the ONLY thing that matters I honestly don't know how a first rate company could misunderstand the U.S. market like this. Every name brand oil on the shelf is oil related, engine failure free. That makes the marketing department more important than the R&D department in the U.S.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

Filter used Bosch 3410

Change your sig. then

Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back