Pennzoil Ultra Platium changed again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me understand what is going on with pennzoil. I was at Walmart today and they only have pennzoil synthetic in a yellow bottle. Never seen it before. Have they changed again? Not online either? Thanks!
ed

Thank you JC1. So the new stuff is the $50+ 5 quart variety?

Last edited:
Would you like to join the "waiting for the yellow PUP to drop below $30 for 5 quarts" club?

There are dozens of us.

Is it seriously that expensive like the M1 AP? I'd like to say I know, but I never see it anywhere! Haha
smirk.gif

Never did care for the yellow bottling myself.

I did really like the silver bottles.

my fav bottles though were the clear quakerstate bottles, just awesome to measure out quantities

Was not obvious to me or I would not have asked. I have been confused about this for some time. I just asked a simple question. Why be a [censored]? So yes, he is a [censored] due to the fact that he could have pointed out the obvious nicely.

To those that responded nicely, I thank you. I was confused and you helped me out. Mr. Pete, I am guessing I am not the first person to tell you that you are an [censored]. Why be an [censored] to people on this sight? Chances are we are decent people...just a little confused sometimes. Especially since Pennzoil has changed packaging so many times.

In fact, I am changing brands because I cannot keep up with the changes.

ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: warrior
Was not obvious to me or I would not have asked. I have been confused about this for some time. I just asked a simple question. Why be a ****? So yes, he is a **** due to the fact that he could have pointed out the obvious nicely.

To those that responded nicely, I thank you. I was confused and you helped me out. Mr. Pete, I am guessing I am not the first person to tell you that you are an [censored]. Why be an [censored] to people on this sight? Chances are we are decent people...just a little confused sometimes. Especially since pennzoil has changed packaging so many times.

Quattro Pete is one of the least offensive posters on this site. You are way off base on those statements.

You already got dinged once in this thread for your language and trying to bypass the censor function. Your continued efforts to use that language greatly diminish people's desire to help you. It makes one think your real intent is just to be a troll.

And to be honest, if you are changing brands just because you can't keep up with the packaging then that's a silly reason. How does that have anything to do with the performance of the oil? What specifications does this vehicle require? Does the oil carry those specs? That should drive your purchasing decision, not the color or shape of the container.

Was not obvious to me or I would not have asked. I have confused about this for some time. I just asked a simple question.

And I gave you a simple answer, pointing you to a whole thread dedicated to this information. You're welcome. Yes, I could have worded it differently.

Quote:
Chances are we are decent people...just a little confused sometimes. Especially since pennzoil has changed packaging so many times.

You've been a member here since 2009. I figured you know your way around by now and you would at least do a search and look at the top of the page to see the stickies before starting a new thread. Some people keep asking the same questions over and over because they are too lazy to do a search.

Quote:

LOL! I guess that's one way to pick your oil.
smile.gif

Thank you Pete. That was very useful information.

I am not lazy. I am getting older and the information age has left me behind. Just the way it is. The pennzoil link at the top of the page...well, I thought it was from before 6 months ago. Which makes my point about marketing. I can not keep up with that either. I usually read this web site to TRY to keep up the best I can.

Which makes my point about marketing. I can not keep up with that either. I usually read this web site to TRY to keep up the best I can.

Honestly, marketing is one of the last places to get information about an oil. If anyone can show me the actual differences between Mobil 1 5W-30 and Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and how it will materially differ to my engine, I'm all ears.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Jeez, all this over a yellow bottle!
crackmeup2.gif

Hey, some people are allergic to certain colors. I don't particularly care for yellow either, but not to the point where it would stop me from buying good oil.
smile.gif

I just cannot find it. And for $50 for 5qt I will pass. I agree it's great oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back