Pennzoil All Yellow Packaging FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
All,

Pennzoil has changed the look of their packaging and sent BITOG an FAQ to help answer questions we may have.

Wayne

Last edited:
A 4 year shelf life? What!
So I should not have used my 7 year old bottle of Pennzoil Platinum last week?

So all bottles are yellow, now we have to pay attention to the cap (there are 3 silver caps now, Platinum, Platinum High Mileage, and Ultra, different labels though) plus gold for syn blend, red for high mileage, and black for conventional.

Makes sense since Quaker State also went to all green jugs with different caps (except gold cap is syn, black is either conventional or blend).

I found it easier to just look at the entire jug instead of paying attention to caps, but oh well, no huge deal, and will probably make then an extra $0.01 per jug sold, so in the long run it is more profitable.

"Do the all-yellow Pennzoil bottles have a longer shelf life?

All Pennzoil motor oils can have a shelf life of up to four years if stored properly, and it is not necessary to shake the motor oil bottle before dispensing. Our formulations are carefully balanced so that the additives stay suspended within the motor oil. You can contact the Pennzoil helpline (1-800-BESTOIL) if you wish to identify the date of when your purchase was bottled."

Interesting, I had a brownish sediment in the bottom of the Pennzoil Platinum 5qt. bottles I purchased. Not sure if it was because I stocked up on it and it took me a while to work through the stash.

Last edited:
Are these questions really asked frequently?

To paraphrase: " will the color of the bottle void my warranty?"

"will the new color of the bottle make my oil last longer?"

"everyone else has yellow bottles but me, what's up with that?"

"are all your oils the same now since the bottles are all the same color?"

Or is this just the questions their legal team has approved them to ask?

Q: The bottles are yellow now?

A: yes

Q: It is the same stuff as before?

A: yes

I feel mildly insulted that they think we need a FAQ for yellow bottles...

Do the 5qt bottles come with foil seals
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

I feel mildly insulted that they think we need a FAQ for yellow bottles...

This is the OCD capitol of the universe...obviously Shell has figured that out
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Well, I guess we can't use the abbreviation PYB anymore.

The new terminology will require an FAQ.

PYBBC = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Black Cap

PYBSCP = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap Platinum

PYBSCHM = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap High Milage

PYBSCUP = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap Ultra Platinum

Originally Posted By: KevinP
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Well, I guess we can't use the abbreviation PYB anymore.

The new terminology will require an FAQ.

PYBBC = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Black Cap

PYBSCP = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap Platinum

PYBSCHM = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap High Milage

PYBSCUP = Pennzoil Yellow Bottle Silver Cap Ultra Platinum

lol.gif

Considering they never roll back the 5 L jugs, you should have written the date on the back in a Sharpie, and see how long it stays.
wink.gif
And you are very kind to not have photographed the shelf tag, so as not to give our American friends heart attacks.

5L never go on sale, is it so? Then I'm not sure who is ever going to buy it for the "regular price"... It's a good oil, but its fair price is no way more than twenty CAD.

Note that each time Walmart Canada has PYB (or PP or QSGB or QSUD) on special, it's always the 4.73 L jugs (5 US quarts). It is never the 5 L jugs. I would almost bet that Shell took back some of the old jugs just to get the new ones on the shelf. Walmart Canada hasn't had a rollback on five litre Shell jugs, at least to my recollection, for at least 5 years, and that's being conservative. When I got my G37, that was 4.73 L PYB jugs I purchased.

The last five litre Shell jug I saw rolled back at Walmart was when SM was still the newest, and I got some QSGB SM/GF-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back