Pennzoil Ultra "no intention of discontinuing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
went into 2 different stores yesterday and bought up
every quart of PU 5w30 they had. clearance price of $4.00 per quart.

I hope they keep making it, as it's a great oil IMHO and I've been running it in my 2011 2.0T Hyundai Sonata since it was new.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Clevy:

What grades did you see?

5w-30 and 10w-30. Only quarts,no jugs.
I asked at the counter about jugs and the counter person looked at me like I had 3 heads. There were no prices affixed so I cannot comment on cost.
There is also a shell station is willow grove(sub division) that is carrying 5w-30 ultra,in quarts at 12.99 each.
The shell station is the first place I had seen ultra,maybe 6 months ago. This new napa flagship store has 5 walls of oil of various brands and grades yet still no M1 0w-40 jugs.
Walmart is still THE PLACE to buy oil since they have their rollbacks but regular prices are roughly the same as napa.

At my local Autozone I cleaned them out of the Ultra at the $4 a quart price plus the rebate and I was there today and they have changed the shelves so that there is no room for it anymore. PYB and PP is it now for the Pennzoil line.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
At my local Autozone I cleaned them out of the Ultra at the $4 a quart price plus the rebate and I was there today and they have changed the shelves so that there is no room for it anymore. PYB and PP is it now for the Pennzoil line.

+1

Ultra has been discounted and blown out at all my area Autozones, Pepboys, Advanced Auto Parts, and Walmarts. They all have filled the shelf space with other Pennzoil products.

Unless Pennzoil is planning on sending out mail order catalogs, Ultra is DEAD.

I hope they are just re-branding it or begin selling it as a new and improved Platinum.

I was planning on using nothing but Ultra for the WRX. . .

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
I hope they are just re-branding it or begin selling it as a new and improved Platinum.

At the same price as PP? I don't think so.
wink.gif
I wish it were so.

But your point is well taken. SOPUS is claiming it's not discontinued. Most retail outlets south of the border seem to be getting rid of it (long gone here, for the most part). So, what's the difference? Are they going to headhunt all the Amsoil dealers to sell PU?

I would have said they may be reducing the number of offering after looking at;
epc.shell.com
Class >> Shell lubricants >> Automotive >> Engine Oils - PCMO

Given Ultra appeared to be their primary GTL product (NA market) maybe its cost is too high or a price increase to WM didn't fly.
Why was 0W20 versions absent at WM, its cost must always have been too high.
The original promise was with low priced natural gas the GTL base oil would be affordable.

With the great base stock they make that stuff out of I wish they offered it in a 0W30.

Originally Posted By: mr_diy
Ultra appeared to be their primary GTL product (NA market) maybe its cost is too high or a price increase to WM didn't fly.

I too suspect that GTL costs increased and Walmart refused to pay more for a product that did not sell as well as a similar oil (Platinum) in the public's eye.

However we will not distribute much so good luck boys and girls.
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
In response to an email I sent yesterday.....FWIW

Dear Sir

Thank you for your Inquiry. In regards to your question, Our Pennzoil Ultra which is one of our advanced engine oil is still in production till date and we have no intention of discontinuing.

You can find it in local automotive store

If you have any questions please contact us on 1-800-237-8645, option

Regards

Technical Services - U.O

If you ask a company representative if they have any plans for lay-off, they will tell you no. However, within next 20 seconds, they will have lay-offs.

Hi all,

We at Pennzoil are grateful for your concern and inquiries about the production and location of Pennzoil Ultra.

We have no intentions of discontinuing the Pennzoil Ultra line and are continuously working to improve our hyper-cleansing technology to provide you with the most technologically advanced oil we produce.

Pennzoil Ultra is still currently being distributed to more than 900 Walmarts across the United States and we are working tirelessly with customers to improve distribution and availability.

If you are experiencing difficulty locating Pennzoil Ultra at a Walmart in your area, we encourage you to utilize other retailers that stock Pennzoil Ultra such as AutoZone, Amazon.com, NAPA Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and local automotive retailers. By calling 1-800-BEST-OIL a customer service representative can work with you to find a retailer near you.

Best,
Suzanne Clerkin
Pennzoil Associate Brand Manager

Originally Posted By: SuzanneClerkin
Hi all,

We at Pennzoil are grateful for your concern and inquiries about the production and location of Pennzoil Ultra.

We have no intentions of discontinuing the Pennzoil Ultra line and are continuously working to improve our hyper-cleansing technology to provide you with the most technologically advanced oil we produce.

Pennzoil Ultra is still currently being distributed to more than 900 Walmarts across the United States and we are working tirelessly with customers to improve distribution and availability.

If you are experiencing difficulty locating Pennzoil Ultra at a Walmart in your area, we encourage you to utilize other retailers that stock Pennzoil Ultra such as AutoZone, Amazon.com, NAPA Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and local automotive retailers. By calling 1-800-BEST-OIL a customer service representative can work with you to find a retailer near you.

Best,
Suzanne Clerkin

Best post I've seen on here all day today
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Originally Posted By: SuzanneClerkin
Hi all,

Best,
Suzanne Clerkin

Best post I've seen on here all day today
smile.gif

Agreed
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back