Pennzoil Ultra 5w20 Cleans Really Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Capa
Just wanted to clarify since several members had mentioned PP and PU, both of which are synthetic. Dino is like 90% of the market so I would assume Pennzoil but honestly I have never seen a total sales chart that combined both figures. Perhaps someone here has.

Interesting note on this according to Wikipedia:

Originally Posted By: wikipedia
Royal Dutch Shell plc (LSE: RDSA, LSE: RDSB), commonly known as Shell, is a global oil and gas company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands and with its registered office at the Shell Centre in London, United Kingdom.[2] It is the largest energy company and the second-largest company in the world measured by revenues and is one of the six oil and gas "supermajors".[3] It is vertically-integrated and is active in every area of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation and trading. It also has major renewable energy activities, including in biofuels, hydrogen, solar and wind power.
It has operations in over 90 countries, produces around 3.1 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and has 44,000 service stations worldwide.[4] Shell Oil Company, its subsidiary in the United States, is one of its largest businesses.[5]
Its primary listing is on the London Stock Exchange and it is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It has secondary listings on Euronext Amsterdam and the New York Stock Exchange

Revenue US$ 368.056 billion (2010)[1]
Operating income US$ 35.344 billion (2010)[1]
Employees 101,000

And

Quote:
The Exxon Mobil Corporation, or ExxonMobil, is an American multinational oil and gas corporation. It is a direct descendant of John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil company,[3] and was formed on November 30, 1999, by the merger of Exxon and Mobil. Its headquarters are in Irving, Texas.
ExxonMobil is one of the largest publicly traded companies in the world, having been ranked either #1 or #2 for the past 5 years. However they are currently 4th according to Forbes Global 2000. Exxon Mobil's reserves were 72 billion oil-equivalent barrels at the end of 2007 and, at then (2007) rates of production, are expected to last over 14 years.[4] With 37 oil refineries in 21 countries constituting a combined daily refining capacity of 6.3 million barrels, Exxon Mobil is the largest refiner in the world,[5][6] a title that was also associated with Standard Oil since its incorporation in 1870.[7]
ExxonMobil is the largest of the six oil supermajors[8] with daily production of 3.921 million BOE (barrels of oil equivalent). In 2008, this was approximately 3% of world production, which isProfit US$ 20.474 billion (2010)[1]
Total assets US$ 322.560 billion (2010)
Total equity US$ 148.013 billion (2010)Profit US$ 20.474 billion (2010)[1]
Total assets US$ 322.560 billion (2010)
Total equity US$ 148.013 billion (2010) less than several of the largest state-owned petroleum companies.[9] When ranked by oil and gas reserves it is 14th in the world with less than 1% of the total.

Revenue US$383.22 billion (2010)[1]
Operating income US$52.96 billion (2010)[1]
Employees 79,900 - March 2009

So it would appear XOM is the more profitable of the two companies. And employs fewer people.

There is also BP of course:

Quote:
BP p.l.c.[4][5] (LSE: BP, NYSE: BP) is a global oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the third-largest energy company and fourth-largest company in the world measured by revenues and one of the six oil and gas "supermajors".[6][7] It is vertically-integrated and is active in every area of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation and trading. It also has major renewable energy activities, including in biofuels, hydrogen, solar and wind power.
BP has operations in over 80 countries, produces around 3.8 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and has 22,400 service stations worldwide.[8][9] Its largest division is BP America, which is the biggest producer of oil and gas in the United States and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.[10][11][12] As at 31 December 2009 it had total proven commercial reserves of 18.3 billion barrels of oil equivalent.[3] The name "BP" derives from the initials of one of the company's former legal names, British Petroleum.[13][14]
BP's track record of corporate social responsibility has been mixed. The company has been involved in a number of major environmental and safety incidents and received criticism for its political influence. However in 1997 it was the first major oil company to publicly acknowledge the need to take steps against climate change, and in that year established a company-wide target to reduce its emissions of greenhouse gases.[15] BP currently invests over $1 billion per year in the development of renewable energy sources, and has committed to spend $8 billion on renewables in the 2005 to 2015 period.[16]
Its primary listing is on the London Stock Exchange and it is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange.

Revenue US $246.1 billion (2009)
Operating income US $26.43 billion (2009)
Employees 80,300 (Dec 2009)

Interesting that XOM is the only American company of the three.

XOM is also the most valuable company in the world. So I dont like helping the rich get richer. Dont need to line the pockets of those board members when I could be helping Pennzoil continue paying Johnny's pension.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
XOM is also the most valuable company in the world. So I dont like helping the rich get richer. Dont need to line the pockets of those board members when I could be helping Pennzoil continue paying Johnny's pension.

Thats the only reason anyone should need to buy PYB, PP, or PU.

I want to buy some PU (wait, that doesn't sound right...), but I can't find it. My O'Reilly, AAP, AZ don't have it. PB is too far away. My Malwart may have it, but I'm guessing it will be around $28 or $30 for a gallon or $8.5 for a quart...? That would put me at about $40 total, which I'm not going to do. Annoying. Can't find PU or ML syn. (I love how Malwart's site doesn't give oil in search results.)

Just bought some Pennzoil Ultra 5w20 today at Wally World for $6.48 a quart. If I remember right a 5 quart bottle was selling for 26.98

Wow--5 quarts (or perhaps it's technically 5 liters, a bit more than 5 quarts) for $28? That's pretty good! Thanks for the info.

Yea. I work at AAP, and we have stopped carrying it. Probably because many people don't buy it and just stick to PP. All we have left is what's in the store ( about 8 quarts) and once that's gone.........

I was just in WM today, had it for $28 as well for a 5qt jug, nice surprise cause i thought it would be more.

I bought 2 5 qt jugs of Ultra today at Wal-Mart for $26.50 each. My Saturn was a rental car before we bought it so who knows how it was maintained in the fleet. Our Dodge we also bought used and I didn't start caring about its oil changes until last spring when I started doing them myself. I did the quick lube shops and the ones I took it to also tried to get me for more, which is why I finally decided to become a DIYer after they tried to sell me a battery when the one that was "bad" was only 2 months old.

I want to use PU on them to clean out any deposits in the engine. I looked under the oil caps today and they look clean, but I feel a good OCI on Ultra will give me the piece of mind that I can switch back to my normal oil during the subsequent OCIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back